• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1994 Boston Whaler Rage 15

sandwiches

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I was hoping the community good give me some guidance. I am DESPERATE to get my first jetboat, but my wife prefers a more traditional approach to boating. We both have grown up on boats so we both know what we like. It seems a happy medium is the old Boston Whaler Rage 15. I am looking at one locally right now that is a 1994 with the OMC / Merc turbojet 115 HP system in it. From what I have read parts are becoming more and more scarce for these but I REALLY want a jet boat. I was thinking maybe to buy it and use it as is to get me through the summer and then re-power it with some other PWC conversion.

Has anybody done this, and if so how labor intensive is it. I'm more than capable of handling the mechanics of it and the fabrication, but I don't want to dump alot more into a boat this old if I don't have to. Is it an expensive conversion (outside the aquisition of the doner ski)?

I do like the look of the whaler but really want a JET drive.

Any guidance, suggestion or otherwise would be appreciated.
Thanks!

See you are going about it all wrong. I would smooth talk the wife a bit and then go buy a jet boat without her knowing and bring it home and present it to her as a gift. Put it in drive and slap a big ass bow on it and walk her outside with her eyes closed. :) Sell It

Thanks, but that's quite a risk. I do like the whaler though. Perhaps if that one makes sense and she has so much fun with it, I'll be able to go bigger or faster. Hoping to get some advice on that concept.

Back