• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1995 Mirage Won't Start

rjhart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Not sure exactly on the 120 but here are photos from my 175 manual on pump removal. Should be similar procedure for yours too, esp the sliding the boat back and supporting the hull in order to get the pump out.
Haven't searched on youtube yet but maybe something that may help you out.
seems like mercury Jet info is hard to come by there. :(

View attachment 121713
View attachment 121714
Good Luck and let us know how you get on.
I got it out! I had to lift the motor a little higher, and while lifted, put a jack in front of the of the jet assembly and lift the boat. I am really trying to disconnect as few things as possible, but I managed to break the oil tank... I also need to figure out how to disconnect the adapter plate from the motor. I removed the hose. I think that maybe the throttle cable is what's holding it on.

I ordered a new gasket + foam exhaust deflectors for the new jet drive. Once they come, I will put the boat back together. Hopefully with little fuss!

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Just catching up, sorry. Yeah, you could throw a cat through your old wear ring. Hope the new jet drive install is going well.

Chrislab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Hi there I need a favor and since you also have a 95 sugar sand mirage 120 sport jet I hope you can help me. I took all my fuel lines off to replace them and didn’t take any pics of how they went. I was wondering if you could take some pics of ur engine and post them. I’m stuck and would love to be able to take it out before summer is over ty