• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fuel Line Configuration - 175 XR2

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
I removed and cleaned the fuel pump and bought a new diaphram kit. The new kit, from Mercury Marine with manual dated 1999.
Also, I am changing fuel lines and installing a new electric fuel pump (the old one was disconnected from the engine).
Here are my questions:
1. The Diaphram kit did not come with Rubber Check Valves as indicated in the original Maintenance manual from 1996 (#4 in the diagram)
Mercury 175 XR2 Fuel Pump Assembly 1996.jpg

Instead it just came with the Plastic portion of the check valve (#G in the diaphram kit from 1999)
Mercury 175 XR2 Fuel Pump Diaphram Kit 1999.jpg
Mercury 175 XR2 Fuel Pump and Diaphram Assembly 1999.jpg

All the other kit components were included. The reassembly diagram also leaves out the Rubber Valve. Do I assume the manufacturer is suggesting the Rubber Valve is no longer necessary I can can leave it out of the rebuild?

2. The fuel lines were routed differently to bypass the Electric Fuel Pump. So I'm a Little confused how the lines are supposed to connect. What connects to the Yellow Fuel Filter (I assume a line from the tank but my line from the tank goes into a device that looks like a fuel filter
Fuel Route.jpg

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Is the yellow Inlet on the electric pump the primary fuel input?

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
OK, I see that the yellow is the primary Fuel Inlet Fitting according to the service manual.
Since I removed the Oil Tank and Pump and Installed a Plug. What do I do with the oil inlet tube going to the T where the Fuel enters? Just Plug it? Or replace the T inlet fitting? Do you know what size it is?

Last edited:

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
When I deleted my oil injection system, I just removed the big tank, lines to it, small tank on the motor, line from small tank to oil pump, and capped the oil line on the pump as shown. Removed the linkage rod from the throttle to the oil pump. I also removed the pressure check valve from the block and installed a stainless steel pipe plug. I kept the fuel lines and wiring as is. Hope this helps. 2D1C3C11-F86F-4BA7-BEDC-8B4FC9938AFC.jpeg5258A39B-AC36-4585-9247-947C94F05F7B.jpeg784E4AB6-BF97-4A59-B913-5BCF0FCDB56D.jpegBDF88678-2907-4EA7-86B8-A2A25600AB8B.jpeg

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Very helpful!
You have some very clean carbs :)