• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

1997 Euroline Cyclone Sport Jet Boat

Tyler64

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey everyone! My boat has been sitting in storage for 10 years. I just started working on it this past weekend. I siphoned all the mixed gas out of the boat due to the 175HP Sport Jet not having an oil injection pump on it. I put new spark plugs in, took the air filter off so I can get to my carburetors. I put 2 gallons of clean fuel back in the boat and when I start it I cant get the fuel to go to the electrical pump assembly to reach my carburetors. can anyone help me figure out the issue on why im not getting fuel from the the gas tank to the electrical pump assembly. thanks in advance!

Ten year old mixed gas was probably pretty nasty with a lot of sludge. Is it possible you have sludge & gunk blocking the pickup tube? Is 2 gallons enough fuel to reach the pickup tube? Is the boat sitting fairly level on your trailer? Is this gravity feed to the pump or does the pump suck it up? How many gallons does the tank hold. If you have pics of the engine and some more details we may have some more thoughts. Sounds like a cool boat.

the boat is sitting evenly on the trailer. I don't know the size of the gas tank but i pumped out roughly 12 gallons of fuel. I don't know if it is gravity feed or not. I got this boat as a gift so im still learning where everything is on the boat. I have been looking in the manual but its not very specific.

The power head is the same as a mercury v6 2 stroke outboard engine, and he is correct the lines and pickups are probably really dirty or leaking air where they connect so the pump can't pull the fuel. I believe your engine has a push pull type fuel pump works off the air and suction of the crank case using a diaphragm and check valves so it probably needs a prime to draw fuel I always eliminated the old style fuel pumps and installed a 3 pound electric pump. wired to the ignition, makes a huge difference on how they run and even sound smooth but I would be replacing all the fuel lines and really cleaning out the fuel tank that fuel had to smell like turpentine.. Also the carbs will definitely need to be gone through. I am sure those are gummed up at the very least. On the v6 there may be several fuel pumps but just one electric pump will replace all of them . After you deal with the fuel system I will tell you how to check each connecting rod so you know if there is any bad bearings in the engine.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help! I’ll work on the boat tomorrow after work

I checked and that engine does have an electric fuel pump so that is a good thing but you will need to go through the carbs and the fuel lines and tank I bet there is a bunch of sludge at the bottom. That being said you may be able to hook up a line to a small fuel tank "gas can" to get the engine running with clean fuel first, and if you have a primer ball on the line it should make it easier to get it going.

The 175 has 2 fuel pumps, low pressure electric lift pump feeds fuel to the block mounted diaphragm pump. Lots of places for 10 yr old gas to get nasty

Sorry for the late response guys! So I got all 3 carbs cleaned out completely and the pressure test is good. My problem now is that I can’t get fuel from my tank to reach back to the engine. I have suction on the electrical fuel pump. I disconnected the anti siphon valve and the fuel pick up tube. I shoved a tube down inside the fuel pickup and was able to get the fuel out that way. Other than that its not picking it up...the fuel is pretty clean but at this point I’m stuck

With something that has been sitting this long I would replace all the fuel lines and put a rebuild kit in the block mounted fuel pump. The diaphragms are likely shot by now anyway. They are cheap and easy to find and simple to do, Merc used the same one on a ton of motors

Sorry on the late response everyone. Soo I fixed the coil packs, cdi box, new fly wheel and spark plugs. When I run it on the trailer it sputters and puffs. When I run it in the water, it dies at full speed and it won’t make full power. The top two spark plugs are clean on both heads....however the remaining 4 spark plugs are fouling and built up wit carbon. Can someone explain to me why it is happening that way? 300C1E8D-B057-4689-A1D3-1AA700173DC5.jpeg

Attachments

• DF6B5A28-9648-414A-A1F0-BB0164267DF6.jpeg
    DF6B5A28-9648-414A-A1F0-BB0164267DF6.jpeg
    558 KB · Views: 1
Check spark on the 2 clean plugs, I bet they are not firing and are washed clean with raw fuel. The 175 uses a trigger plate to fire the coils, there are 3 triggers each controls two cylinders, one on each bank so I would guess it's a bad trigger .

Back