• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1997 Sea Rayder F16 will not crank

keets

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hi all - looking for some help. Last week had my jet boat out for the first time this year. It ran ok - a bit of hesitation but figured after sitting for almost a year this would be normal until i ran it for a bit. Anyway took it for a 15 minute ride then back to the dock. 2 hours later it wouldn't start. After some troubleshooting we assumed it was the starter. I pulled it out and took it for repair. After reinstalling it i had the same issue. the engine will not crank. (i'm assuming now i that actually burned out the starter in the first place). When i say it won't crank i'm mean that i can't turn the fly wheel by hand at all. However, if i remove all spark plugs i can turn it about a 3/4 turn one way then 3/4 back. That's it. It's almost as if something is preventing it from fully rotating. Nothing is sucked up into the shaft. I'm at a loss and was hoping you guys had some ideas on where to start looking. Would a bad impeller jam it up? Thanks for the help !!

Stan

sorry i should add that I've confirmed the battery is good. I also believe the solenoid is good as we were able to bypass it straight to starter and same result.

Following....did you ever get this figured out? Having similar issues with a new to me purchase

Back