• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Starboard engine idling rough

Has the cam position sensor been check..........also an easy swap from one engine to another. This sensor gives the EMC the info it needs for ignition firing and fuel injector timing ect. Symptoms of a bad cam sensor are rough idle and stalling. As for the knocking noise if she is out of timing on the firing far enough the timing chain tensioner can make one hell of a knock noise. Been their done that.

Has the cam position sensor been check..........also an easy swap from one engine to another. This sensor gives the EMC the info it needs for ignition firing and fuel injector timing ect. Symptoms of a bad cam sensor are rough idle and stalling. As for the knocking noise if she is out of timing on the firing far enough the timing chain tensioner can make one hell of a knock noise. Been their done that.
Didn’t even think about the cam sensor. That’ll be the first thing I swap over tomorrow. I remember when I was installing the cam tensioner once I had it bolted to the block I released my little screw driver and there was still a lot of slack on the chain. I had to put my screw driver back in and turn it more to tighten the slack up. I thought once it had oil pressure it would have tightened it up and wouldn’t be an issue. Port engine as soon as I released the little screwdriver the chain was as tight as possible no slack. Everything in side these engines are brand new nothing was reused besides crank and cases and cam tensioner

Update: swapped cam tensioners from port to starboard engine, and the starboard engine fires right up and idles perfect with no issues. Port fires up and starts knocking exactly how the starboard engine was. Ordering a new tensioner and hopefully be on the water once this year and break in these engines. Thanks for all the help everyone! Hopefully this helps someone that may be experiencing the same issues

Back