• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1997 Tango Fuel issues

JCollins79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello I'm new to the forum and to jetboating. I purchased my 1997 sugar sands tango last july. Ran great but kind hard starting all last summer. This year it runs great when it starts. Heres the issue... After running around on the lake then shutting it off it will flood out. I can crank it all I want till the battery dies and it will never try to fire. This will happen minutes after being shut down regardless how long I run it for. Then I load it on trailer, pull the (new) plugs, put jump pack on it, crank it with plugs out and fuel shut off for a few minutes on and off, teplace plugs and it will fire right up and run great... Until I shut it off again. Then flooded. Any ideas? Fuel enrichment valve? Needle and seats? Pump?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JCollins79. I'm not familiar with your boat but have some experience with carburation. What type of carburator do you have on the boat? Is it a float and bowl type, throttle body or fuel injected? If the float and bowl type I'd sounds like the classic float leaking causing the fuel to continue to fill the bowl. While your running there is no problem as the engine is using the fuel. The problem is when you stop the bowl overfills and floods the carburator. You may also be running very rich at slow speeds so check your new plugs.

Last edited: