• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

1st 10 hours

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So, got to our 10 hour mark today and we are having a blast. Spent the last several days at Lake Burton and then today with friends at Lanier in the Thompson Creek area. Broke it in on Allatoona, so 3 lakes in 2 or so weeks I don’t think is too bad. Can’t wait for the water to warm up a little more. Tried pulling the kids on a couch like tube of a friend’s but the rope was too short and every time they crossed the wake they took jet spray to the face. Note taken for longer rope...

Corps of Engineers annual hang tag came in the mail today and MSO at the end of last week, so hopefully have numbers and trailer tag here soon. So far so good...

D2F5771A-E295-495E-A723-82A44F630C25.jpeg
Getting better at docking, but still super cautious. Slip at my sister’s house took a bit of getting used to.

1BF3F2CD-846D-48FB-BA24-D81A17183910.jpeg
Doggo cruise in the AM watching the NFS do a controlled burn.

Man... my 2015 190 is starting to look really outdated. Liking the new layouts and additional space they've created.

Love the color combo - Black and Tan. Beautiful boat. Great slip set up as well. Always jealous of folks with walk out boating. Congrats on the new boat.

those first 10 are killer. and it took 10 hours at the dock to master it. lol. take it slow at the docks easy does it.

those first 10 are killer. and it took 10 hours at the dock to master it. lol. take it slow at the docks easy does it.
Yeah, I think the best advice I got was never approach anything faster than you are willing to hit it. Watched a friend take out the front corner of a pontoon this weekend trying to dock in some rough water on Lanier, but it was a rental and being treated like one. I have been much slower and not shy about backing up and trying again.

Oil change complete, need to check the plugs, but it started raining on me. Couldn’t find the absorbent pads recommended so I improvised with a sandwich baggie and some tape.
E6FCC1CF-FAB3-494D-A032-3CF8A56A30CC.jpeg46AA5DE3-739A-4DA3-95F4-8A5B82850660.jpeg29B016D8-AF58-427B-BEC0-CB4582E86DB3.jpeg193941B5-A88B-4E4D-8ACB-ADEEC0F5EB1E.jpeg

Okay I gotta ask. How did you hit 54 mph?? Fastest I’ve gotten in my 21 AR195 is 49 with 4 people in it and 93 octane. Lately I’ve been using 91 ethanol free and obviously getting less.

Okay I gotta ask. How did you hit 54 mph?? Fastest I’ve gotten in my 21 AR195 is 49 with 4 people in it and 93 octane. Lately I’ve been using 91 ethanol free and obviously getting less.

Lol! I have no idea where it gets that information. I have never seen over 49 and that was with 2 of us, premium fuel, and 1/2 a tank of fuel. Loaded down with gear, bimini up, a full tank, and the whole family I rarely see above 45 at WOT.

Lol! I have no idea where it gets that information. I have never seen over 49 and that was with 2 of us, premium fuel, and 1/2 a tank of fuel. Loaded down with gear, bimini up, a full tank, and the whole family I rarely see above 45 at WOT.
Ever since I’ve used 91 ethanol free, I haven’t seen over 43. It’s kinda sad but I keep telling myself the trade off is worth it lol

Ever since I’ve used 91 ethanol free, I haven’t seen over 43. It’s kinda sad but I keep telling myself the trade off is worth it lol

I trailer the boat and don’t use non ethanol. I’m hitting the lake every weekend right now and we run through 1/2 a tank easy pulling the boys around on skis, wakeboards, and tubes. I figure as it gets later in the season and I’m not blowing through so much fuel, I switch to non ethanol and get ready for the winter.

Back