• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2 gallons of water from under the ski locker 2019+

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I wanted to make sure the hull is dry and sucked out almost 2 gallons of water from under the ski locker. Its insane how much water is still down there after trying to drain it. There is little bit of a lip towards the rear that prevents all the water from escaping which isnt helping. Just fyi
20210809_144451.jpg20210809_145314.jpg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The water is from inside the hull under the locker?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Wouldn't it be easier to jack up the front as high as it will go on a piece of wood, or just drive the boat to a hill with the drain plugs out?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Wouldn't it be easier to jack up the front as high as it will go on a piece of wood, or just drive the boat to a hill with the drain plugs out?
not an option for me. but on the hull of 19fters, there's a little bit of a lip at the very back that will prevent some of the water from draining

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
not an option for me. but on the hull of 19fters, there's a little bit of a lip at the very back that will prevent some of the water from draining
So how did you try to drain it before you attempted this method?

Croker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah we have the same issue we just run it up the beach at high tide and tie it to a tree. Drains most of the water to the back and works until we need to pull it out on the trailer.

Gmole

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have a 2021 SX190. Water in the ski locker all the time. Today when we pulled the boat out of the water ,stopped and I pulled the drain plugs and let it drain while pulling up the launch ramp. There was alot of water draining out on the way up the ramp. Got home and there was only a quart left in there when i sucked it out. I will up date next week after we take the boat out

KYjetboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2021 195 dumps probably a gallon of water every time I take it out of the water. Bilge comes on every time I come off plane I assume maybe some water is coming over the back platform and coming in?? My old 2015 192 was always bone dry 🤷🏻‍♂️

dv_damian57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have found the same issues. Ive been using a shop vac to drain the ski locker out. Really annoying but I have been making it part of the process when I get home. Just wish didnt have to deal with that. Its a 2019 SX190

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I have a 21 195s, should there be a drain plug of some sort for the ski locker? It always has water in it. Just got the boat back form the dealer (fuel pump recall) and asked them to check for leaks, they said all looks good. Store a tube, water mat and misc. in the locker and it's a PITA to pull everything to dry even if we didn't use them.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Be sure you have BOTH drain plugs removed or else it won’t pass thru to the engine compartment / bilge. Need the ski locker and the engine drains open plus trailer jacked up. At least that was the case for my 2016.