• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2000 Nissan Pathfinder 4x2 - FSH 190 w/ Alum trailer?

bgruhn76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We are looking to get the new Yamaha FSH 190 in a few months. I am planning ahead and seeing if I need to swap trucks first. My 2000 Pathfinder has the old 3.3L 170hp / 200lbft v6 with 182K on the clock. She's 2WD also. I have some Falken Wild Peak ATs on her, 2" lift kit, class 3 hitch. I used to tow jet skis all day with her. ramp and beach launches. Some slimy too. My concern is the near 3,000 weight when yanking her out of the water at low tide, or unkept ramp. I'm confident she will haul her down the road and back down the ramps fine. Gravity always wins though. I have my eye on some 99-01 Tahoes in 4wd, as well as mid 90s Broncos...just in case. I've put some work into the old Pathy, so I'd like to be able to use her.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I believe the towing capacity on a pathfinder is between 3500 to 5000 depending on optional toe package, transmission cooler, etc.
You should be fine with an FSH which is around 2300 lbs.

bgruhn76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yeah, it is 3500 lbs, regardless if you have 3.3L or 3.5L. I hope the 2" lift helps with the tongue weight a bit to keep her from being too low. I have a trans cooler ready to go in (just need time to do it). Probably do a filter & fluid change while I'm down there too. Hopefully she can get the job done for a year or so until we can get something newer.

Top Bottom