• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tow Rig for FSH...

bgruhn76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hello all, I have a question. I am looking to pick up an FSH in about 4-6 months or so (hopefully). Do you think a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder 4x2 (3.3L) would tow this thing on an aluminum trailer? She has 2" lift, Bilstein rear shocks, Class III hitch, and trans cooler. I used to tow single and double jet ski trailers without issues. The 2WD and 3500 lb capacity is what is making me a bit hesitant though. I estimate with aluminum trailer, 30 gal fuel, some equipment, etc, I am looking at close to 3,000 lbs or so (I know each model weighs differently). On a low tide day, I'm assuming she may fight me a bit yanking her out of the water. I used to have a 2000 F-150 5.4L 4x4 with my 24' Grady Offshore, and she didn't have any issues. Only had to use 4WD twice due to unmaintained slimy ramp. If my Pathy won't tow her nicely, then I need to consider picking up an older 4WD SUV prior to taking delivery of the boat. Any input on your rigs is much appreciated. What are you all using to tow yours?

bgruhn76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks @Big Joe ! Is your truck 4 or 2wd? Cycle Springs 2 miles from my house has a nice FSH Deluxe with custom tower and aluminum trailer. Has 7hrs on it. I really wish the hull sides were not dark colors though. Salt scratches really show on darker colors. My little 3.3L was 170hp when new and 200 ft lbs. She has 182K on her, but still runs out nicely. Dealers should offer test towing/launching for prospective buyers. lol
What is funny is in 2001 they put the 240hp/265lbft 3.5L in the Pathy and the tow rating didn't increase. I would rather not have to source a different truck for this. At least not yet.

bgruhn76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oh nice! We are going Saturday morning to see who has what in stock. Cycle Springs is close by, then there's....ugh...Barney's.

If my truck can't get the job done, I have already searched on Craigslist and found several 4x4 options. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy the darker color hull, but I just wish they were all offered in white...you wouldn't think it would be difficult to do...just don't paint it that color. Same hulls. lol