• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2002 info <looking to buy a 2002 Sugar Sand Tango 210>

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I’m new on jetboaters, but I’m looking at buying a 2002 Sugar Sand Tango 210. Haven’t went to look at it yet, but sounds like it needs some engine work. Before I get too deep, I would like your input on a few things. First of all, is the 210 carbureted or fuel injected on an ‘02? Is it best to keep the oil injection system, or premix? If it needs a new complete engine, if I do the swap myself, what’s the best guesstimate total cost of that? Thanks for all of the great info on here, and thanks in advance for your help. Have a great day!

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Welcome aboard Blkrvrbart. The 210 has carbs, the injected version is the 240. I would keep the oil injection as it is variable ratio, Merc had issues with oil pump failures on early 175's but it was solved on later motors. I replaced the 240 in mine 2 years ago with a new long block, project was just over 5 grand by the time I was done.

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Welcome aboard Blkrvrbart. The 210 has carbs, the injected version is the 240. I would keep the oil injection as it is variable ratio, Merc had issues with oil pump failures on early 175's but it was solved on later motors. I replaced the 240 in mine 2 years ago with a new long block, project was just over 5 grand by the time I was done.
Thanks! That’s about what I’m thinking. Even if I do the work, I’ll have someone else rebuild the carbs and set them all once it’s ready. Did you perform most of your labor on yours?

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Sent the injectors to a cleaning service everything else I did.

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Thanks. I’ll keep a log on here if it happens.

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Well, I did it. It followed me home last night. So it turns out it’s a 2001 with a 210 in it. The hull and interior are in great shape, but the engine is smoked. Spun it by hand and it sounds like a chain dragging inside one cylinder. My guess is a broken rod or a burnt piston. After talking to the owner, sounds like they ran it out of oil. Top tank is dry as a bone, lower tank is 2/3 full. Also, a set of connections on the back left top of the motor is fried. Looks like these yellow and white wires go to a regulator maybe? And a blue wire on the top back right is disconnected. That’s as far as I have gone. I’ll start a new post when I start in on it, including some pictures. Thanks Bilmon so far for your support, and have a great week.

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Thanks Bilmon. That’s a huge help. I don’t think it’ll be the worst thing ever to be fixed. It’ll be great when it’s done.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Also if you are on facebook there is a group called Sugar Sand Boats that might be of some help, Tango's seem to be the most numerous model on there.

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Thanks.

So the blue wire that's disconnected is one of the wires going to the cap on the upper oil tank. Looks like a low oil level indicator in the cap, kinda like a float switch. Probably was going off screaming "STOP!!" so that's one small mystery solved. The burnt wires are a little more of a mystery. Maybe a short in that bundle of wires that were tied together right there? Didn't have time to mess with it tonight, busy until sometime next week now. Have a good weekend.

WILL IHNE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Welcome aboard, it has been a while since I logged on here. Bilman has helped me out alot more then he knows.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
IVE GOT A 2001 SUGAR SAND TANGO 4+2 210 MODEL ID SELL GOOD SHAPE RUNS GREAT MISSING REAR BOTTOM SEAT PAD IS IT CAN SEMND PICS 605-690-9192 5500K ASKING$

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I’m new on jetboaters, but I’m looking at buying a 2002 Sugar Sand Tango 210. Haven’t went to look at it yet, but sounds like it needs some engine work. Before I get too deep, I would like your input on a few things. First of all, is the 210 carbureted or fuel injected on an ‘02? Is it best to keep the oil injection system, or premix? If it needs a new complete engine, if I do the swap myself, what’s the best guesstimate total cost of that? Thanks for all of the great info on here, and thanks in advance for your help. Have a great day!
IM SELLING MINE 2001 SUGAR SAND TANGO 4+2 210HP MODEL 605-690-9192

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length