• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2004 lx 210 need help

DNDLONG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The drivers side engine is running fine. When I try to take off it acts like the impeller is spinning. Motor Reeves up but does not want to run like normal. The boat was able to get back to shore on own power and plained off. But makes a vibration type noise and will not perform as normal. I checked the intake underneath the boat and the clean outs. They were clean. Any ideas? Thank you.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Sounds like you have something sucked up, could be in the impeller, look inside the grate for something wedged in the impeller blades

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
as little as a tooth pick or fishing line,

also look for any missing or loose sealant in the intake tunnel forward of the impeller,

DNDLONG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I looked under it and inside the clean outs. i could not see anything. The impeller looks good with no visible damage. Could something have been in their and caused the impeller to come loose?

DNDLONG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
as little as a tooth pick or fishing line,

also look for any missing or loose sealant in the intake tunnel forward of the impeller,

Thank you. I will check it again.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could something have been in their and caused the impeller to come loose?
Doubtful, that would be extremely unusual.

More common though is that whatever might have been in there fell out when you loaded the boat on the trailer or just dried out and fell out,

@DNDLONG glad to have you on board by the way, why does your profile say sugar sands and your asking about an LX, are you lucky enough to have two boats?

check out our FAQ for lot's of great jet boat tips,

DNDLONG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was originally looking at that boat and bought the Yamaha. I need to update my profile. Thanks for the welcome and the response.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely cavitation. Check for any debris in the housing.

DNDLONG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I checked it again last night. It looked clear from the bottom and the top. I plan on taking it back to the lake today to try it again. Thank you.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Could pull the pump, grease your bearings, inspect for caulk issues, make sure nothing is in there and look over the impeller all in one 30 minute project.

DNDLONG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you. If it does the same thing at the lake today, I will do that next. Thanks

DNDLONG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you all for your help. Cleaning everything out and greasing the bearings worked. Took off out of the water multiple times with 3 people and no issues. Thanks again!!!