• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2004 Sea Doo Sportster 4TEC Stalls out

Pj28584

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Just purchased our first boat. 2004 Sea Doo Sportster 4TEC. Starts up and runs like a dream. A problem we are having though, is when we go to dock it we approach slowly but when I throttle all the way down it chokes out / stalls , leaving us to drift aimlessly and usually bump into the dock. Once It stalls like that it takes a couple min to get it to start back up again. Anyone know why throttling down would cause it to shut off ?

How old are the plugs? Just changed them in my 2009 and it runs way better. Also added fuel injector cleaner

Spark plugs were replaced on it last year sometime . The previous owner didn’t have it in the water for about 8 months but said he started it up and ran fresh water through it once a week.

I would add fuel injector cleaner to gas, then give it a good high speed run.

If that doesn’t maybe add to water remover to the gas? How old is the gas in the tank?

It had a full tank when we bought it but didn’t inquire as to how old it was….burned half a tank over the last couple weeks and just filled it back up…I’ll try the fuel injector cleaner . Appreciate the tips !

Good luck. Do you have a dealer near by? You could go by and tell them the problem and they might have some other ideas

Back