• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2004 SX230 Carpet

superboop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Any idea where to get 2004 SX230 snap-in carpeting? Looks like you can still get 2007-2009 on eBay but the 2004 doesn’t fit that. Looks like snapincarpet.net can do it for $603 but looking for cheaper options.

superboop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
That’s over $1,000 and I’ve also seen where that has stained from shoe prints. I personally really like carpet too.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jet boat pilot is the better way to get it.. I have had red clay mud foot prints mashed into mine.. Pinesol and a brush and its like new

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Keep an eye on eBay. Do you have your old set? It may be able to be used as a template locally to be replaced with carpet. This is $285. https://www.shopsbt.com/jetski/Yamaha-Interior-Traction-Mat-AR-230-HO-SR-SX-05-06.html competes with hydro turf, might give you 3-5 good years before it needs to be replaced. (I cannot describe with words what a royal pain the @$$ it is to remove, same as any other glue backed product, probably 15-30 minutes per square feet) SeaDeck would be nice too, just a bit more money than this cheap option. (made me look, it's $800 for Cockpit) I had hydroturf on my old boat for 2 years and it held up great while I had it. Can't speak for longevity, and SBT stuff is like hydroturf knockoff, so I can't speak to its long term performance. Money is worth different to different folks, so the very best may not be the best for you..I certainly feel like a cheapskate sometimes on this board, as I'm asking for and looking for more economical options to some of the more accepted upgrades for our boats. I think that's half the fun! Best of luck whatever you choose.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need something in mine too. Custom carpet is probably 1000. That $275 option looks pretty sweet! It uses a peal and stick pressure sensitive adhesive. It could work great, or fall off!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you prep the surface, it will hold (oh, it will hold!) The issue is getting it off when you want to replace it in 5-10 years.

Steve Short

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mounted the Hydro Turf cockpit kit on marine-grade carpet with the kit's adhesive backing and installed snaps to snap it into my cockpit's original snap-in carpet location. It's holding up great in the Arizona sun, I can easily remove it for cleaning, and I won't have to try to unglue it from my deck in a few years when it's time to replace the mats. I do wonder, though, if there's a better choice to attach the mat to than marine-grade carpet. You need a backing material because the snaps will pull through the mat material without it (I tried). Thoughts?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been looking at doing something similar, but my backing material of choice would be something that is closed cell, so that it does not absorb water. As you have it, when it gets wet it's going to smell, and I don't think it will dry as easily as the carpet did before, as the Hydro turf will "protect" the water inside the carpet. Maybe something like a rubber mat or even Astro Turf upside down could be used as a water proof backing so it does not absorb water?

Let us know how it turns out!

mlparker63

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That’s over $1,000 and I’ve also seen where that has stained from shoe prints. I personally really like carpet too.
Hi,
I'm looking to replace mine too. Can't find carpet for 2004 SX230. Ordered new mats for swim deck but want carpet for cockpit. I got an estimate from one of the recommended vendors on here; $900. Found some vendors online selling but not sure it will fit the 2004. Yamaha sports plaza,
F1C-U3908-31-00; 479.08 plus shipping. May order that just not sure it will fit. Be nice to have measurements of that to compare to mine. Did you have any luck?