• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 AR230HO YDS connector problem

boats&oats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought the YDS on ebay, 1.33 version of the software. Description said it works with boats up to 2017 including the AR230. The cable supplied with the kit has a 3-pin female connector but the one on the boat is a 4-pin?? I found these behind the circular white cover in the starboard storage area. I looked for other connectors around the ECMs but couldn't find any. I've searched the web and forum but have been unsuccessful finding a Yamaha 4-pin to OBD2 cable. I found motorcycle cables that are 4-pin but they are male. Any suggestions?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1662656854977.png

is this the connector on the YDS you bought??

give us a picture of the 4 pin you found on the boat, was there two bundles of wires, one for each engine ??

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

boats&oats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Yes, the picture you show is the 3-pin connector with the YDS kit I bought. There were two bundles on the boat, one labeled STBD and the other PORT. I'll take pictures tonight and send. Based on that other thread I'll see what else is down in the bottom of that hole...

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does the YDS connector not fit the connector on the boat? It could be a situation where the fourth pin isn't used, but the connectors mate up and function correctly. I can check my boat this evening, my round white cover is off right now anyway. Not sure where my YDS stuff is, but I'm sure I can locate it also.

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The connectors are going to be plugged into a one wire plug. You have to take that apart to use YDS. I believe that one wire goes to the tach.

boats&oats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. The link provided by scottintexas caused me to look harder and I found them tucked under the blower hose. The single red wire is key. Who knew all those wires were back there. Plugged in and everything worked well. Accumulated 280 hours over about 10 years. The last 7 it sat on a trailer.

Attachments