• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 sugar sand oasis need feedback prior to purchase anyone?

Votaw305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
asking $14,500 with trailer 110 hours merc optimax 250 jetboat 23'

Last edited:

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Votaw305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
asking $14,500 with trailer 110 hours merc 250 jetboat 23'
thanks....it seemed a bit high...the one key element is the boat is 20 mins from the house on the sacandoga lake in upstate ,ny so getting it here is easy

the link is http://albany.craigslist.org/boa/4548274060.html would be interested in any thoughts...i understand that the comapny that makes the haul is out of business too

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd be less concerned about the hull than the engine. I'm not sure how readily repairable the engine is, but it seems clean and lake owned (not saltwater).

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had an 03 seadoo challenger x with the same engine and pump. IMHO that was a great performing setup for the 2200 lb 20 foot boat I had it in. I didn't have any trouble controlling it at low speeds even in reverse. The acceleration was better than my previous sx230ho or my current 242ls but it did burn through gas faster as well. If it has an optimax engine you can get the optional gauges/system for more telemetry like an hour meter, you, etc.

I'm not a big fan of two strokes anymore but if I was looking for a used jet boat this one would be on my short list.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you do inspect it in person take a good look at the intake grate, my x20 had a surge grate on it which the times attached to via a hinge on the leading edge of the grate. This allowed the tines to fold up into the intake tunnel so that any vegetation would simply flow into and get chopped up by the impeller instead of getting stuck causing cavitation. The problems were that it would let more than just veg in (big rocks would go through and get stuck in the pump too). Moreover the tines would sometimes break off and cause damage to the pump and impeller (if removing a rope is difficult removing a stuck tine can be next to impossible). Mercury released several fixed grates as a solution and solas made the only aftermarket impeller that I know of which really helped acceleration. In summary, test drive it, don't just run it on the trailer.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think the price is reasonable. The price isn't high, but it isn't low either. I used to have a 2004 Sugar Sand Tango. I loved that thing. We used and abused it and it kept ticking. The Mercury jet drive ran like a champ. If Sugar Sand still made jet boats today, I wouldn't have the Yamaha.

Good luck!

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone else concerned about the blurry photos? Then it cleared up when they were taking pics of the engine. Maybe the interior is not in great shape? I'm just sayin'.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would be concerned about the blurry photos, but I wouldn't be buying a boat without seeing it in person. So, although they are concerning, I wouldn't not go look at it because of the blurry phots.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks nice to me !!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Looks pretty good to me, $14,900 is at the top of the book value. I would say it's a starting point for negotiation of a final price. We all know $$$$$ talks. If it needs a good cleaning then I'm sure @SuperJetDan would give you some detailing secrets and pointers. That guy can make a chevette look like a Rolls Royce!! LOL. Good luck