• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 sx230ho computer issue.

RayT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had both my computers replaced at 130 hours (both motors) due to injector #2 spraying constant. Now 30 hours later my starboard computer is messed up. #2 injector spraying constant. I swapped the injector plug to injector #3 and it spayed constant. Any help with the computer issue.

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
from my understanding, this is a common problem in the 2005 models. i've been fortunate not to have it occur so far.

when you say you had both replaced, what did you replace them with? i ask because it seems most prevalent only in certain years around 2005 (can't locate the information for exact years). did you replace them with used ECUs from another 2005 or did you get brand new ECUs (which seem to have been updated and less likely to go bad)?

also, please update your profile so we know if this is a fresh/salt water boat. thanks.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If you use the other ecu does it still happen? It shouldn't if that ecu is good. Maybe find a later model ecu?

Swap in a couple ecoboost engines?

RayT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will update profile. . Just signed up last night. They were replaced at a Yamaha dealer under an extended warranty. The boat is used in fresh and salt water. The FL Keys and in lake Okeechobee . I do have a habit of spaying the engines with fresh water to wash them off after a day on the water. Then spray them with CRC. or WD40.

RayT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would love two supercharged motors. Lol

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you still within the warranty period for the new ECU's? I would take it back to the dealer.

RayT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you but it expired a year ago. I placed a call to the dealer and they said Yamaha will assist me if the dealer can find the problem. I know what that means. Lol.

I took all the connectors apart and sprayed them with dielectric grease and put the back together. .. even checked the power and ground connections. The port motor is perfect. Only 160 hours total on the motors. 30 hours on the new computers. Just don't understand. . They are very expensive as well.

RayT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you use the other ecu does it still happen? It shouldn't if that ecu is good. Maybe find a later model ecu?

Swap in a couple ecoboost engines?
I was thinking about taking the other ECU from the port motor and trying on the other.... just got thirsty.... beer 30. Lol

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would swap ECU and if it is the ECU, get Yamaha to cover a new one. That's crazy that it is fried ---- these should last forever.

Lightning strikes and other emp's will kill ECU's. Got lightning??

RayT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will contact them myself. No lighting. Only 30 hours... that's what's got me.... thank you for the info.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome RayT. We hope you get this issue resolved soon and get the family back out on the water.

RayT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you. I hope so my little girl loves to drive....

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ohm check the injectors. an injector with low resistance or near shorted can tax the injector driver in the ecu and make it fail. it seems the common denominator is injector #2.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ohm check the injectors. an injector with low resistance or near shorted can tax the injector driver in the ecu and make it fail. it seems the common denominator is injector #2.
Wow, great info. If this is true, the dealer could be liable for a new computer or two. The dealer was negligent by not checking the injectors and installed the new ECU's and covered up the underlying problem. I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose but does make them liable in my mind.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is the injector specs from the 2005 HO shop manual.

image.jpg

RayT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

That's a great idea. I will try that.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RayT what were your findings on your injector/ECU problem?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MikeyL isn't this your lake. . . .? Any recommendations on who might be able to help locally?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@MikeyL isn't this your lake. . . .? Any recommendations on who might be able to help locally?
As much as I would like to help, I do not believe I can be of any assistance in this case.
Good Luck, however, @RayT getting this resolved quickly.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA