• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 SX 230 overheat warning light

Jmowens75

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mrng!

Prepping for storage on the hose yesterday and the port side overheat warning light came on at the 5 minute mark. Once cooled and the light went off I tried again and again at the 5 minute mark the light came on again. Didn't get the YDS out, used a thermal temp gauge, temp ranged from 180-200 (engine off).

Our last outing light both lights came on from some sea weed/river grass, once we were clear there were no issues, until we came back and out of the water I put it on the hose the same day and there was no light. The spark plugs were replaced last fall.

Thanks in Advance!
Jeff

Do you have any extra valves, Y's, or T's on the hose prior to the boat connection? Or a valve on the coolant hose that allows you to tow the boat? If my memory is correct, I think I've seen others have issues with running on the hose if there's a slight reduction in flow. My understanding is that a hose barely provides enough volume, then coupled with additional restrictions, it can cause issues. If these aren't a factor, I'd check the coolant screen in the back side of the pumps, to make sure there's no blockage there. And I'd also be doing all I can to get it back out on the water for one last ride to make sure there isn't something that needs addressed before next season.

Back