• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 SX210 Engine light.

Hector Corzo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
light just came on.... no flickering. boat runs just fine everything works, I checked connections, all fuses... I don't get it. any thoughts...? is like a monkey on my back...!!!

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
light just came on.... no flickering. boat runs just fine everything works, I checked connections, all fuses... I don't get it. any thoughts...? is like a monkey on my back...!!!
Could be a multitude of reasons why. The only way to know is to hook up a computer with diagnostic software. I purchased the YDS 1.33 for mine a month after I bought it just in case I ever needed it. I hook it up every spring and every fall to get hours and see if there were any errors/freeze frames recorded. You can find the software on e-bay with the cable, that is going to be your only way to know....unless you have a friend with it or take it to the dealer and have them pull the code.

MacR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same Problem. Everything works fine but one Engine has the light on.
Now I bought that cable on Ebay but can you Show me where to plug it?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Having a service manual for your year and model is also necessary. There is an access cover in the engine bay on the starboard side.

MacR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, I will take a look if I find it.
A service manuel? No, I just have a owners Manuel.
Where can I find one?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check this site and eBay.

MacR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No results in here and Also nothing on Ebay. 😕

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Ok, I will take a look if I find it.
A service manuel? No, I just have a owners Manuel.
Where can I find one?
A service manual is NOT required to pull the codes via the computer/software. It might help you with the repair once you find out the issue, but not required to find the issue with the Sofware.

You have two diagnostic plugs in your engine compartment, one for each engine. Both on the back transom wall. Each one is currently plugged into a harness running up to your dash (the tach). You need to unclip the engine that is having the issue and plug in your connection there. If memory serves me right there is just a single red white coming from the connector you need to unplug.

Once you plug it in you need to turn the ignition on, then just bump the key to start, but don't actually start it. That will activate the computer system on the engine and allow the software to access the ECU and pull the codes. Once you pull the codes and review the history you can then run the engine on the hose to see if the faults are still active or if it was just a once time issue retained in memory. I would take a photo of the code screen then clear the codes to see if them come back at a later date as well.

MacR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A service manual is NOT required to pull the codes via the computer/software. It might help you with the repair once you find out the issue, but not required to find the issue with the Sofware.

You have two diagnostic plugs in your engine compartment, one for each engine. Both on the back transom wall. Each one is currently plugged into a harness running up to your dash (the tach). You need to unclip the engine that is having the issue and plug in your connection there. If memory serves me right there is just a single red white coming from the connector you need to unplug.

Once you plug it in you need to turn the ignition on, then just bump the key to start, but don't actually start it. That will activate the computer system on the engine and allow the software to access the ECU and pull the codes. Once you pull the codes and review the history you can then run the engine on the hose to see if the faults are still active or if it was just a once time issue retained in memory. I would take a photo of the code screen then clear the codes to see if them come back at a later date as well.
Thanks for help. So I have to wait for my YDS

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

MacR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, I have two and if they where empty both engine lamps will be on. Right?
And in both Positions of battery I have the same problem

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The manual says "If a sensor malfunction or a short circuit is detected, the warning indicator (Check Engine) will come on." I would try to make sure that all the electrical connectors are making contact. If anything electrical related has gotten wet or corroded or rusty from winter layup it may be causing that warning.

MacR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, that is an Idea. I will check it. But I think if that is the problem both engine lights must be on...
But I will try

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It would be a short or sensor only for that engine. Check the connectors on the affected engine. Compare one engine with the other.

MacR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, I will check that also. Funy Thing is, everything worked perfect last season. Now, after the winter this Problem came up.
Anyway, I think I have enough to Check now... I come back to you with 👍 or👎.
Thanks for your friendly help..
Marc

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Luckily the only code mine likes to throw is for an intermittent signal from the port no wake switch. They are a bit notorious for that and it is very intermittent (maybe once a season).

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Luckily the only code mine likes to throw is for an intermittent signal from the port no wake switch. They are a bit notorious for that and it is very intermittent (maybe once a season).
@Seadeals Does it correct itself?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It has corrected itself after a shutdown and restart on a few occasions. Once I could read what it was, I usually check the switch wires, actuate it a few times and restart to clear.