• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 SX230 non HO with no spark

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One engine running in that boat is already a break even! Can't wait to hear further updates,

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Best of Luck! I was browsing for curiosity and I was surprised to learn SBT is making engine blocks from scratch to replace the MR-1. Not saying that's necessarily what you want, but it provides an interesting baseline option.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One running in that boat is already a break even! Can't wait to hear further updates,
So far I think I did ok on this, boat really looked worse then it was.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Best of Luck! I was browsing for curiosity and I was surprised to learn SBT is making engine blocks from scratch to replace the MR-1. Not saying that's necessarily what you want, but it provides an interesting baseline option.
I have been looking at them also, for a non HO long block they want around $2k but I have heard good and bad about their engines. Will have to pull the other engine apart and see how bad it is and go from there.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
a local rebuild from someone you trust is a great outcome, but timing and cost are many times a challenge.

mdwarchichoke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I read a lot of stories on SBT rebuilds. I did end up getting a complete SBT long block and not a rebuilt unit for one unit. It has been a good motor so far. Changed plugs last weekend and all looked fine. Oil change soon if we ever get a weekend with no rain.

I wonder how many people replace motors who do not do the install correctly? I pulled tons of fragments out of the oil pump itself when I transferred it over to the new block. I also cleaned tons of fragments out of the intake and flame arrestors too. Missing any of those could cause a new motor failure. My original motor dropped a valve thru a piston with the previous owner. Made a big mess of the head, so no core to trade in etc. Block cylinder walls looks ago, but I never tore it down to check the crank.

I guess what caused me to go ahead with the SBT motor is a solid warranty remarks even from those with a failed motor. The only thing I was gambling was my labor. Not quite a true statement, but I could not find a ski motor I wanted either and for the price difference on the ones I did find it made a lot of sense to go the SBT long block route.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have to agree with you about how many may have failed because of improper installation. If you don’t correct why the first one failed chances are the second one will also.