• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 AR230 Engine Code

mckev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New to me 2007 AR230. Bought with 103 hours a month ago.

First outing it overheated the starboard engine with light flashing on the dash, wouldnt go past 8k RPM. Port engine was fine, but both pissers were clogged.
I did the closed loop acid flush and replaced the thermostats.
Next outing the starboard engine light flashes on the tach on first start on the water. I turn off and restart a 30 seconds later and the engine flash doesnt return.
Run for 2 hours on a lake and both engines are hitting 10k and cruising without issue.
Next outing on the Gulf of Mexico, same thing, starboard engire fires up and starts flashing the engine light on the tach. Turn off and restart and the light never returns for the day.

Get it home and connect up YDS for the first time.
No record of the first overheat event from outing #1 and no record of the engine codes...

Any ideas? I have YDS 1.33 (eBay version).

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New to me 2007 AR230. Bought with 103 hours a month ago.

First outing it overheated the starboard engine with light flashing on the dash, wouldnt go past 8k RPM. Port engine was fine, but both pissers were clogged.
I did the closed loop acid flush and replaced the thermostats.
Next outing the starboard engine light flashes on the tach on first start on the water. I turn off and restart a 30 seconds later and the engine flash doesnt return.
Run for 2 hours on a lake and both engines are hitting 10k and cruising without issue.
Next outing on the Gulf of Mexico, same thing, starboard engire fires up and starts flashing the engine light on the tach. Turn off and restart and the light never returns for the day.

Get it home and connect up YDS for the first time.
No record of the first overheat event from outing #1 and no record of the engine codes...

Any ideas? I have YDS 1.33 (eBay version).
What code was it flashing? You need to count the flashes between the pauses. The most common flashing code is low voltage. Here is a partial list.

01 No malfunction
13 Incorrect pickup coil signal
15 Incorrect engine temp sensor signal
18 Incorrect throttle position sensor signal
19 Incorrect battery voltage
23 Incorrect intake air temperature sensor signal
24 Incorrect cam position sensor signal
29 Incorrect intake air pressure sensor signal
48 Incorrect data transmission
53 Exhaust temp sensor malfunction
54 Incorrect bypass valve motor signal
63 Incorrect intake air system signal

mckev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks just saw that on the other forum, it won't store the code for YDS to recall?? I'll have to count on my next outing, not sure if I can make it happen when on a hose.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks just saw that on the other forum, it won't store the code for YDS to recall?? I'll have to count on my next outing, not sure if I can make it happen when on a hose.
That I don't know. I've also had a wake mode issue code and that's not listed. There is a more comprehensive list somewhere. But, often times low voltage will cause multiple codes with it. None of these are serious. The oil and temp are direct to warning lights are are the most serious obviously. Most common overheat cause other than obstruction of intake and/or extreme cavitation is the thermostat followed by temp sensor. From there it goes to blocked cooling passages.