• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 AR230 Factory trailer wheel bearing seals

Bfreeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need to repack my bearings soon and rather not stop and run to the auto parts store to match wheel bearing seals. Does anyone have a confirmed website or know the size of the seals so I can order them. 2007 AR230 factory black painted trailer.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They should just be normal 3.5k trailer axle seals. Any TSC or Rural King, and likely just about any parts store will have them. Just call and ask if they stock them. I haven’t had to dive into mine yet to where I can absolutely promise it, but I sell trailers and trailer parts for a living, and I’ve never seen any other bearings and seals for a 3.5k axle. In fact, we sell the whole bearing and seal kit for about $20/wheel (ish)... I forget the exact price...

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just went through this and it was PITA. My 2006 MFI trailer has 2.56OD 1.68ID seals that I could not source locally. From what I was told that size is specific to boat trailers for some reason. I believe the dexter part number is 010-172-00. I ended up ordering them off eBay. The part number I actually purchased was 168255TB

Last edited:

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wish I had seen this before leaving work. I’ll try to look into it tomorrow.

Bfreeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
came across some info while back for a “MFI” trailer?!? Is that the factory trailer?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am going to have to hold off until I get mine apart, but the only seal shown in my book that is for a 3.5K axle is the 010-019-00, which has an ID of 1.719” and OD of 2.565”. The other 3.5k axle shown down a little bit is an Agricultural axle, not intended for highway use.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Forgot to attach this to the last post...

Attachments