• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 double axel boat trailer rear wheel frozen

jgn1013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My trailer rear wheels are frozen, can someone recommend a fix?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would spray brake mechanism with WD-40, then try nudging it with tow vehicle. Some lock when not energized. Who is manufacturer?

jgn1013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
manufacture by metal fabrication

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok. If tow tongue is pushed sternward, it may be locked up. Try hocking up to tow vehicle and inching forward. Spray everything down first.

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is your wiring hooked up for lights when you try to move it?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That trailer has surge brakes, as said above, make sure the slide pin is forward in the slot or in the picture to the left. If it is to the rear of the slot, the brakes are engaged. If it is forward and you a trying to move the trailer forward and they are still locked, then you may have stuck calipers.

20210628_070644.jpg

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might also try pulling it forward then in reverse hit the brake.s. Might take more than once but it should work This worked for me when it sat over the winter with my boat on it.

jgn1013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might also try pulling it forward then in reverse hit the brake.s. Might take more than once but it should work This worked for me when it sat over the winter with my boat on it.
I've tried doing this multiple times.

jgn1013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The issue was, when backing up I didn't put the key in so the brakes got "locked up" when I was backing up and by leaving my trailer out for the past 4 weeks it's was stuck together. Pulling it on concrete allowed me to jar the calipers loose. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well you know the solenoid is working right! And the brakes too!