• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 Sx210 goes to 9000RPM but wont plane out or go over 10MPH

When you installed the impellers, before you connected to the splines, did the impellers turn freely? Do you have a gap between the impellers and the ring all the way around? There is a spec for that--it is very small, but important that there is a gap there. I thought I saw scrapes on the ring in the photo. If there is contact and the engine is fighting against that, you could get lower rpm as you describe.

Mind the gap.

I had a very similar issue with high revs and no thrust on starboard side. After reading about 200 posts I assumed the worst. And took the pumps off/and apart. Long story = new bearings, new wear rings, replaced a couple of the housings that got damaged in bearing replacement, shaft got stuck and wouldn't pull out of the boat, replaced old rusty bolts/nuts, and in the end still had cavitation! Glad I have all new stuff though!

I took a $3 tube of caulking and a straight razor. Took off pumps scraped any old caulk I could get to OFF. Some looked like it was good but when you pulled on it there were places it was not attached. Then I caulked everything! Every seam! Every single one!
1st boat test = full power and full thrust!
However the cheap caulk only last about 30min and then we had same issue again (but narrowed down what the issue was ?)
Got some 3m 5200 from the home depot)
Put that on 6 months ago - been fine ever since (in salt water)!

If you already replaced the impellers I assume you replaced the wear rings too.
Scott in texas is right make sure you didnt get two impellers that are the same (port goes on port and starboard on starboard) and if they get switched the pitch can be wrong and cause lack of RPM.
If you got new impellers and didn't replace the wear rings (they could be expanding and rubbing on your new impellers). If the wear rings have dark spots or obvious wear spots you have rubbing.

Hope that helps

IT IS FIXED!!!!!!

So I pulled everything apart again and pulled all of the sealant. I MEAN ALL OF IT!!!!! I put some 5200 on all of the seams let set over night put everything back together. Took it out and BOOOOMMM it is good again!!!!!

did notice only one thing took 7 people out on Sunday and wouldn't get over 20/25mph!

Glad to hear it's not a catastrophic failure! ?

Heads up that 3m 5200 is supposed to be able to cure in air or water BUT says it takes 5 to 7 days to cure.
Overnight = you could find that some of the 5200 can become dislodged/ can move on you. There is a good amount of water flow going through there!

When I did mine:
I caulked from the intake grate all the way to the rear of the boat where the jets get mounted on left and right side of the port intake tunnel and left and right side of the starboard. Made sure it was smooth! Then ran a thick bead from the left side to the right side and all around the entire exit circle before it gets to the impeller.
When the cheap caulking failed (after 30min) it failed at the outside edge closest to the exit hole/circle right before the impeller. When I was removing the old caulking to add 5200, water came out from there and when I used an Air hose to blow it dry even more water came out from there. I didnt even think it would be able to pull water through there! So make sure its dry and all old caulking is gone and give it time to cure.
At least check it now that you've had it in water. Surely you should still have 1/2 the tube left over if you need to do it again?

IT IS FIXED!!!!!!

So I pulled everything apart again and pulled all of the sealant. I MEAN ALL OF IT!!!!! I put some 5200 on all of the seams let set over night put everything back together. Took it out and BOOOOMMM it is good again!!!!!

did notice only one thing took 7 people out on Sunday and wouldn't get over 20/25mph!
Would it be safe to say it may have been a sealant issue from the beginning?? Or the impeller replacement was necessary?

Back