• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 SX230HO, Water Entering Engine Compartment When Running?

DTaylor6740

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got a water leak in my engine compartment. Seems to only leak when I run the motors. When I run them I can see water spraying behind whichever one is running. Would this be an issue with the "intermediate bearing" or "shaft seal"... are these the same thing? Weird that both have failed... seemingly at the same time. I guess one could have been leaking longer and I just noticed.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the water in the bilge warm or hot like cooling water? Has the scupper valve been replaced lately? Have you checked all of your hose clamps? Can you get pictures of where the water is leaking/spraying from for us to help you diagnose this issue? Weird that both seals would start leaking at the same time, it might just be that the couplers are spraying water that has leaked in from somewhere else.