• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 yamaha sx230 oil light

ChrissoSX230HO

Reaction score
St Hubert’s Island, New South Wales, Australia
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys ! I just wanted you guys to know that I did buy that boat and tried it out and everything looked good beside that light . It was working strong , motor area was clean , didn't smell nothing on the dipstick like you guys said to check and I started looking at it last week end and basically everything seems to be pointing at the oil sensor because when I got home every time after starting the light came on , so I took the sensor off and realize that no oil was dripping and I started the motor without the sensor and blew out oil and after that oil was leaking before I put it back and the light wasn't lighting up anymore but now it don't light up at idle and is good for 30 min but when I'm at high speed and slow down the light comes on . So I ordered new sensor and will keep you guys posted . Until then if you guys have any suggestions, let me know and if that don't work I'll send it to Yamaha to hook up on the computer. But this boat starts right up , don't hesitate , I changed the oil to 10w40 and is always strong , don't knock so I don't know what else to do
Hi,
Did you end up replacing the oil sensors? If so, did it fix your problem? Can you tell me how you did it or are there any other posts showing how to do it, thanks, chris