• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 212X - Electrical - port engine not sending info back to dash

kdcorn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hello!
I have an issue where the port engine isn’t sending information to the tachometer, engine stats, etc.

When turning the ignition to on, no beep or flash of lights. The port motor starts just fine. The starboard motor does this just fine, lights, tach,etc.

I took the dash off last night and swapped the wiring from the starboard to port on both the tach and the ignition switch, both work fine with the star board wiring.

I’ve checked for fuses on the ecu, those are fine. Checked the battery hook up and fuses, that appears to be fine.

Where do I locate the wiring harness that sends info back to the dash? How would you trouble shoot this? It worked fine last season, just stopped working.
Thanks! Keith

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check all of the wiring & plugs on the engine itself and just start following it from there.

kdcorn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Check this harness. You open it up to tie in YDS. Sometimes they don't close back up properly.View attachment 175862
That makes the most sense because the dealer just ran diagnostics. I did unplug that and check it didn’t fix it. What would I be looking for. Also I saw that for the starboard motor but not the port. From memory that is. I’ll check later. Thanks!!!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They sometimes hide behind the other harnesses. Open it up and make sure the pin did not get pushed backwards.

kdcorn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thanks for the follow up

kdcorn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
@buckbuck exactly what it was!! Dealer didn’t reconnect the connections. Works fine now, thanks!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are a community that helps each other with our boats. Glad I could add to it. Have fun with your family this summer.