• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 232 Limited S massive oil leak

Barron

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My port engine will not hold oil. It seems to run out of the rear of the engine as fast as I can put it in. Any ideas what the problem might be? I’m thinking gasket on the oil cooler or perhaps something came loose.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My port engine will not hold oil. It seems to run out of the rear of the engine as fast as I can put it in. Any ideas what the problem might be? I’m thinking gasket on the oil cooler or perhaps something came loose.
Rear of the engine is a pretty vague description,

maybe a picture ?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the good thing about a massive leak is that it should be easy to locate,

if it's below the drive shaft, maybe it's the oil pump ??

1601584800142.png

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Needing some referrals for a mechanic in the Rockwall, TX Area or DFW Area. I have a 2006 AR230 that needs work. Phill Dill Marine in Lewisville won't work on anything 10+ years old. They gave me an independat mechanics number and I have left a message. Waiting for a reply.

Was reaching out to see if there is anyone else around.

Sucked up a ski rope at speed that someone dropped in the lake. wound it tight with the ski rope handle tight against the hull. got it all cut out after an hour of bruised knuckles. Got back to the dock, things started running rough, engine compartment and ski locker filled to the deck with water. bilge finally caught up and back up on the lift. Worried about seals, bearing, bent impeller, etc.. I have a trailer and can get the boat anywhere in the DFW area. Just need some referrals.

thanks all!
Thank you for the information. I contacted Phil Dill and will take it to them next week. We will see.

Very interesting and makes me even less comfortable with Phil Dill, either you stand by your product line or you don't,
@allenrobbins

I could almost understand if it was a two stroke and you needed your carbs adjusted or something out of date but there is nothing different in the drive line of these two boats....

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Did u ever find a leak? I have a motor that seems to lose oil while sitting on the trailer but for the life of me cannot find any oil or evidence of a leak anywhere

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
These MR-1 powered boats have a dry sump, where the dip stick is. You need to check oil level while running at idle or seconds after shutdown. The oil will leak back down into the motor after it sits for a few minutes giving a false reading. Make sure you dont over fill it.

Last edited:

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe the oil drain plug is loose.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There is bolt in the back of the motor that will allow you to drain all the oil maybe the previous owner used it but lost the crush washer . I lost mine when doing it 😕 and its not a common item . Hopefully its a simple fix