• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2008 Ar230 For sale, So you want to Wake surf....( MO )

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Call me crazy but I am thinking about getting rid of " Our Piece of Ship". Almost time to upgrade to a newer boat for testing. If you want to Wake surf and don't want to mess with installing your own system here it is.

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

2600 pounds of under seat ballast. The boat also has a fill if you want to put a bag on the seat. Please see this thread for the entire build. A lot of blood sweat and tears went into this boat.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/ballast-3-0-another-ballast-upgrade-plan.8164/

The Wave:

The boat has perfect pass installed so you and your significant other do not get into arguments. ( yes I know and probably the best mod I did )

Full interior of hydro turf:

I have done all reliability mods to the boat including the stainless steel scupper, and tow valves just incase. The boat also has a full interior of led lighting.

For you stereo junkies the boat sounds good. M303 head unit with the MF1 and MW1 remotes. Backed up by 1 polk 4000.4 class d amp for the 4 interior polk mm651's. I also have another polk 4000.4 class d amp for the 2 krypt 7.7 HCLD tower speakers. Under the starboard seat are 2 earth shaking polk MM1240DVC subs pushed by a polk 1200.1 class d amp. Everything is tuned and split into 4 zones with a wetsounds WS-420SQ EQ. I added another adjustment knob to get the front speakers to the 4th zone. Kids sitting up front and you don't want them to hear the loud music, just turn it down up front only.

I am sure there is a ton I have left out about the boat. Spark plug and oil changes every summer. I have YDS so I can scan the motors for anyone that wants to see that data. I would guess that the motors have maybe 325ish hours on them. I will put it on the YDS to verify. Never had an issue out of it. Please keep in mind this is an 08 so it does have some blemishes. I never really worried about them, some I bought it like that and some I probably put them on there. Still a VERY nice boat. Most of the things done to the boat have been documented here and most people on the board know this boat.

So how much....... well considering the fact that it is a buy and hit the water boat with every single option and then some we are asking $29,000. Firm on the price because I do love my boat and I don't have to get rid of it.

Feel free to PM with other questions because as I sit here I am thinking of more and more stuff that I forgot but I am sure you can ask.

Things I left out:

Lowerance chart plotter installed
3 batteries, 1 group 24 and 2 group 29 installed last week at the Shelbyville gathering
Mooring cover new 2 years ago
Head closet mod
2 swivel wake board/wake surf racks
keel guard
tow mirror
Thrust vectors
Tower led lights, one forward facing and 2 rear facing.
Battery powered Navisafe 360 anchor light
Solas impellers for low end dig. Wake Surfing

Thanks for looking
Jerry Carlin

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Call me crazy but I am thinking about getting rid of " Our Piece of Ship". Almost time to upgrade to a newer boat for testing. If you want to Wake surf and don't want to mess with installing your own system here it is.

View attachment 61815

View attachment 61816

2600 pounds of under seat ballast. The boat also has a fill if you want to put a bag on the seat. Please see this thread for the entire build. A lot of blood sweat and tears went into this boat.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/ballast-3-0-another-ballast-upgrade-plan.8164/

The Wave:

The boat has perfect pass installed so you and your significant other do not get into arguments. ( yes I know and probably the best mod I did )

Full interior of hydro turf:

I have done all reliability mods to the boat including the stainless steel scupper, and tow valves just incase. The boat also has a full interior of led lighting.

For you stereo junkies the boat sounds good. M303 head unit with the MF1 and MW1 remotes. Backed up by 1 polk 4000.4 class d amp for the 4 interior polk mm651's. I also have another polk 4000.4 class d amp for the 2 krypt 7.7 HCLD tower speakers. Under the starboard seat are 2 earth shaking polk MM1240DVC subs pushed by a polk 1200.1 class d amp. Everything is tuned and split into 4 zones with a wetsounds WS-420SQ EQ. I added another adjustment knob to get the front speakers to the 4th zone. Kids sitting up front and you don't want them to hear the loud music, just turn it down up front only.

I am sure there is a ton I have left out about the boat. Spark plug and oil changes every summer. I have YDS so I can scan the motors for anyone that wants to see that data. I would guess that the motors have maybe 375-400 hours on them. I will put it on the YDS to verify. Never had an issue out of it. Please keep in mind this is an 08 so it does have some blemishes. I never really worried about them, some I bought it like that and some I probably put them on there. Still a VERY nice boat. Most of the things done to the boat have been documented here and most people on the board know this boat.

So how much....... well considering the fact that it is a buy and hit the water boat with every single option and then some we are asking $29,000. Firm on the price because I do love my boat and I don't have to get rid of it.

Feel free to PM with other questions because as I sit here I am thinking of more and more stuff that I forgot but I am sure you can ask.

Things I left out:

Lowerance chart plotter installed
3 batteries, 1 group 24 and 2 group 29 installed last week at the Shelbyville gathering
Mooring cover new 2 years ago
Head closet mod
2 swivel wake board/wake surf racks
keel guard
tow mirror
Thrust vectors
Tower led lights, one forward facing and 2 rear facing.
Battery powered Navisafe 360 anchor light
Solas impellers for low end dig. Wake Surfing

Thanks for looking
Jerry Carlin
One edit. . . . . . Full interior of Sea-Dek (not Hydroturf). = )

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No it is actually Hydro turf teak. This was put in as Will was changing over to sea deck. It is softer then sea deck.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One edit. . . . . . Full interior of Sea-Dek (not Hydroturf). = )
I think it may be Hydro Teak like mine.

Beautiful boat full of upgrades with a tower that stays in place (@swatski).

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No it is actually Hydro turf teak. This was put in as Will was changing over to sea deck. It is softer then sea deck.
Well shit. I feel like an ass. Looks like Sea Dek to me!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the classified section needs to be turned off ! See what happens when good boat deals come up my husband goes nuts ! I love my boat :kiss: and I love all the new boats :(

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the classified section needs to be turned off ! See what happens when good boat deals come up my husband goes nuts ! I love my boat :kiss: and I love all the new boats :(
Well... I don't know what to say! That is a SUPER NICE boat, and the wake that those 230 hulls throw is probably Yamaha's best. What are you guys upgrading to??? We may be in the market, too.

--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't really know yet. Defiantly an AR240 of some sort.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't really know yet. Defiantly an AR240 of some sort.
There's a 2014 for $40k in GA. . . But with all that Wakewedge money I'm thinking you may want a 2018. . . . ; )

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't know @jcyamaharider
Every time I see that boat in the water it is leaning to one side.:)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't know @jcyamaharider
Every time I see that boat in the water it is leaning to one side.:)
This is an unusual situation where having a list will help to sell the boat. Unless she is listing due to having too much to drink.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sweet boat! Someone will be happy!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was in that boat Saturday, that floor is very comfy on the feet. I wonder if I can convince one of my friends to buy that surf machine.......:angelic:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I fibbed on my engine hours a bit. I went to pull the hours last night and I kept getting a com error, well I look down and the cable is pinched. SO I have to order a new USB to OBD2 cable.

Here is the scan from 3-1-16. I am sure I am only up to a max of 320hours.