• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Ar230 Fuel Gauge

boatcop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have to replace my fuel gauge any suggestion, can not find original factory. I have look at aftermarkets. Can anyone tell me color code of ordinal wiring. My are pink, purple, black and blue.

Have to replace my fuel gauge any suggestion, can not find original factory. I have look at aftermarkets. Can anyone tell me color code of ordinal wiring. My are pink, purple, black and blue.

Per the 07 service manual...

20201022_074757.jpg

20201022_074828.jpg

Are you sure it's your fuel gauge, and not just the sending unit? Sending units are notoriously less reliable than gauges, all across the automotive industry, not just in these Yammies. I replaced mine (part# in signature, but yours might be different) with a KUS also, and it works great. Pretty much the only difference is I shortened my screws instead of purchasing new ones, and kept the factory gauge. Also, gauges are usually more expensive than sending units, but I haven't researched these lately. Either way, I'd say you've got the info you need, so good luck whichever direction you take!

Test the gauge per @zipper

This will tell you if the gauge is bad or not by shorting the two signal cables. If the gauge switches easily between Empty and Full the issue is the float, and the gauge is OK.

My gauge was bad and stuck. If you whacked it it would move a little towards the correct reading. It's very uncommon that the gauge is the problem, but it happens.

glad to have you on board @boatcop

Update your profile with your location so we know where you're boating,

click on the link in my signature to find lots of good advice about known problem with your boat model and be sure to look at our FAQ section for a great list of tips and mods for your boat,

My gauge is stuck but the light still goes from red/on when open and off when ground and pink are shorted, so some aspect of the gauge is working. Whacking it doesn’t seem to help. Posting in case someone else is seeing the same issue and/or if anyone knows of a fix to make the needle move (or confirmation the gauge is bad even though the light is shutting off when shorting the wires). 04 AR230

Back