• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Ar230 height.

Firemedic38

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So this may be a quick one and done. Is there a way to fit a 2008 AR230 in a standard garage?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sure. Drop the tower... and take it off the trailer.

(sorry--I couldn't resist)

Seriously, I have seen others who drop the tower and then put the tongue of the trailer on a furniture mover caster set and roll it in. Others have deflated tires, or removed them entirely and put them on car caster sets (like the furniture ones, but heavy duty for holding cars). Not sure if those were 2008's...

Firemedic38

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmmm...seems like a lot of work for the summer with all the ins and outs but a possibility for the Winter. I live in SD and we winter pretty hard up here. But I have a 3 car garage and I’d love to get it inside and keep it out of the elements.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, that is exactly what I have seen from Northerners. It is basically a 'put it up for the winter' move, not something anyone does every weekend.

Do you have a spot it can live outside during the season? Then put it in for the ice and snow?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So this may be a quick one and done. Is there a way to fit a 2008 AR230 in a standard garage?
What does "standard garage" mean? How big is the garage? How big is the door? I use a 12'w x 14'h door, 12'+ without taking the top part of the tower off. I do not have height # with tower off. Would be similar to an SX plus a couple inches. People here have stuffed them in small places.

Last edited:

Firemedic38

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, that is exactly what I have seen from Northerners. It is basically a 'put it up for the winter' move, not something anyone does every weekend.

Do you have a spot it can live outside during the season? Then put it in for the ice and snow?
Yeah I can stick it in the driveway for the summer. No biggie. And yes. Break her down for the winter months.

Firemedic38

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What does "stsndard garage" mean? How big is the garage? How big is the door? I use a 12'w x 14'h door, 12'+ without taking the top part of the tower off. I do not have height # with tower off. Would be similar to an SX plus a couple inches. People here have stuffed them in small places.
Standard residential garage is approx 7 ft high by approx 8 ft wide.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My boat is similar and would require 8'-1" tall (tower folded) and 9'-3" wide (8'-6" + trailer guides). I don't think you could get it in.