• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 mfi 2008 parts

Rdavis0207

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys need help has anyone done a full parta replace on an 08 mfi 230 trailer? My mechanic took off axels springs but then haul it off and just lookinf for confirmation on measurements. He has 99 inch axel 30 in springs and shackle at 5.8 with 4.5 5 spoke hubs does this all sound correct

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Axles are measured by hub face to hub face, not overall length... 99” seems a bit longer than I would expect, we normally see more like the low to mid-90’s for that measurement. I haven't measured mine, so I can't be sure it's the wrong measurement, I'm just suggesting that be confirmed. As for the springs and shackles, should just be able to match them up. Not a ton of options for 3,500 lb axle suspension components, although boat trailer manufacturers do like to deviate from the normal market sometimes. As for the bolt pattern, yes, 5 on 4.5" is what my 06 MFI trailer has, and it's the most common on the market, so I'm confident that's correct.