• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Superjet

DBMWJIM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I just bought a 2008 super jet, it has a real bad chine walk issue. I was hoping somebody would know what the best ride plate is that would fix that problem. Thanks for any help

Wrong forum for that question because this place is for boats. You can ask at www.x-h2o.com you will get more replies there. I used to own a 2008 Superjet. Those 2008 and later superjets have an interesting hull because in 2008 the designers modified the relatively short and narrow hull to have more race characteristics to compete with the kawasaki SXR. The designers setback the pump and molded in front sponsons. The result is a hull that is still light and playful, but can be laid into turns and carve. The bad thing is that they tend to chine walk a lot on glass water. I guess the combination of setback pump, sponsons, and torquey low end motor causes the ski to rotate and bounce between sponsons at cruising speeds.

It didn't bother me much because I rarely rode my ski in glassy water. My typical day was surf riding. Keep in mind that weight could make a difference.. I weighed 165lbs and put Blowsion 2008+ sponsons on and the ski rode really good. I also had a Worx 2008+ freeride ride plate, but I think that was a waste of money. If you haven't shortened the handlepole then that would be the #1 thing to do. Good weight distribution improves handling characteristics significantly and by shortening the handlepole you can easily get over the hood. I think shortening the handlepole and gaining more experience with the hull would solve your problem. But if you are looking to mod it, then check out the sponsons below.

Crazy they are like $150 more than when I bought them 10 years ago o_O

Back