• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Yamaha AR230 boat cover

Hi Guys, So here are some pics to show the fit of the OEM Yamaha cover , I have to pull like hell to get the plastic eye over the cleats on the right hand side so much so I thought I would tear it, and from the photos you can see the end result, I'll give it a 1 star. You would think the patern would be correct when in production. And the material is definetly lighter than my original 2008 cover.

IMG_5741.JPGIMG_5740.JPGIMG_5743.JPGIMG_5742.JPG

I have the same issue with the same one I just bought last week. It feels the same material as what I bought in 2018, the only difference is the ratchet cover has a logo stamped in it. But the fit is the exact same as you've shown in the pictures and not as good as the old one, which was perfect. The reason I bought this one again was because the old one fit so well and I wouldn't be able to replicate that at anywhere near this cost. I expect it will stretch some but I am also concerned it's going to rip soon. The 90 day warranty also shows how confident they are in their product.

Hi Guys, So here are some pics to show the fit of the OEM Yamaha cover , I have to pull like hell to get the plastic eye over the cleats on the right hand side so much so I thought I would tear it, and from the photos you can see the end result, I'll give it a 1 star. You would think the patern would be correct when in production. And the material is definetly lighter than my original 2008 cover.

View attachment 178623View attachment 178624View attachment 178625View attachment 178626

Mine fits similar to yours. Just make sure when you’re pulling the plastic eyes over the cleats that you do that first and the buckles aren’t buckled that go to the ratchet strap tightening mechanism. If your buckles weren’t buckled at the bottom and it’s still that hard to get the eyes over the cleats I guess you’ll have to wait until it’s stretched a little, sorry man!

More BS, water proof my AZZ, first week out of the BOX and this......with 4 anti pooling poles in placeLeaky 1 week old new OEM cover.jpeg

I have the same issue. Here is my story. Ordered from Leaders RPM in January. Received it quickly and went to put it up. One of the pooling pole straps was barely sewed and it came unraveled...literally the first time putting it up. I could have just taken to a sewing shop and had it fixed but I contacted leaders and they said send the whole thing back. They sent a replacement quickly and all was well for about 2.5 months. Then one of the seams at the velcro where it wraps around tower tore. I contacted leaders and they warrantied and a replacement is coming back. I won't tell the rest of the story yet as it's ongoing and I don't want to impact potential resolution. I don't think that I will put in the side or rear cleats...only the front. I think the rear pull straps and the ratched straps when tight will keep it on and no water will pool. This will also avoid the chance of ripping at the seams.

Back