• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2009 212ss - Florida - $16,000

Whatever444

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Bought this boat new and have enjoyed many days on the South Florida waterways. The boat has always been stored covered and very well maintained as you can see from the pictures. I recently posted about a rusted crossmember on the galvanized trailer and got several thoughtful responses. I have decided to price the boat to allow for a new trailer or to simply repair the crossmember. The trailer is in good shape (other than the 30 inch rusted portion) with almost new radial tires with spare, replaced brake calipers and led lights. I included a picture of the rusted area covered with a temporary repair.

This boat / trailer / engines have been well cared for and flushed with Salt Away after each use. I only used ramps that had fresh water wash down and hosed the trailer off after boat launch. The pictures speak for themselves.

The engines run great with yearly synthetic oil changes and iridium plugs. Fixed the anchor locker drain issue and replaced scupper with stainless long ago. Replaced steering and shift cables along with replacement of all clamps under rear deck. (Nice to have a great mechanic friend)

I have enjoyed this forum and gained a lot of knowledge over the years and wanted to give the members first chance before posting on other sites. Hopefully, you are looking for a nice boat and have a friend that is a welder.

Now you ask? Why sell this magnificent boat? Simple answer is lack of use and not as young as I used to be. Keeping up with cleaning and maintenance is not as easy as it once was and I do not want to see the boat neglected.

I am sure I left some information out, if you have any questions let me know.

I have the carpet (never used), table and both supports along with the front ladder.

Also included:

Magma grill / mount
Garmin 640 GPS
Dual die-hard batteries with switch / battery charger (batteries one year old)
Fixed VHF Radio
Engine hatch sound deadening
Thrust Vectors
Engine compartment additional automatic bilge pump
Smart Tabs
Keel Guard
YDS cables / software
EZ Locks
Trailer guide posts with led lighting
Island Racing flush adapters
25 gallon collapsible fresh water wash down
Misters on the Bimini top
Upgraded two speed winch with brake
Front rain shield
Two 5 foot pvc augers (perfect for hanging out on sand bars)
Dock lines
Fenders
Life jackets
Flares

Attachments

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First time I've ever seen Smart Tabs on a jet boat. I had those on my old I/O and loved them.

How do you like how they work on the jet?

Oh yea.....good luck with the sale :D

Whatever444

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
They work well and can be adjusted depending on how much weight / people you normally carry. I was lucky enough to meet a fellow jetboater with a 2008 212x at a sandbar that had them and we ran both boats in the same water conditions. The wife and I were impressed with the ride difference. Not as good as hydraulic tabs, but easy to adjust and install.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They work well and can be adjusted depending on how much weight / people you normally carry. I was lucky enough to meet a fellow jetboater with a 2008 212x at a sandbar that had them and we ran both boats in the same water conditions. The wife and I were impressed with the ride difference. Not as good as hydraulic tabs, but easy to adjust and install.
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback!

I really liked them on my '98 Rinker. Boat planed much faster/better when fully loaded, rode better in rough water, and I even picked up about 2mph on the top end (that boat did 42 flat out with a little 3.0L Mercruiser setup).

Did yours have any effect on top speed?

Whatever444

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Not any effect I noticed. We mostly cruised 7000 - 7500 rpm with Bimini up, nice comfortable ride and good fuel economy.

Whatever444

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Boat price reduced to $16,000. Boat has always been covered, engines started once a month and batteries kept charged. Has not been used since the ad was first posted.

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Boat looks great have you had any issues with the motors and did I read it write it had 360 hours

Whatever444

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No issues with motors, it runs great. Yes, the YDS engine hours are correct. Have not used the boat since the last reading.

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At 16k this boat is a steal! Can't believe you still have it. Just bought an 08 AR210 yesterday for 16k. Would have bought yours in a heartbeat if you were in Texas. GLWS

JetCrazy

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Where is your boat located? I am in Florida and may want to come take a look.

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Amazed this has not sold. At that price you could have it shipped anywhere in the country and it would still be a deal. Good luck with sale

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems like a great deal. Would be awesome for someone looking to get into a boat this summer.

mckev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks like a nice clean boat, I'm over here on the west coast St Pete. You think the trailer would survive the drive?

JOAN ROJAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Someone inquired about the last time the boat was used. This was taken in Key Largo last week. This is my idea of water sports. Lol

Whatever444 is an outstanding person! Cool guy to have as a friend. I just purchased his boat, so happy for our family to start our boating adventures as first time boat owners. He was more than helpful explaining eveything about this boat, and has been maintained in great condition.