• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2009 212X tow points

scottrus71

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here we go with the silly questions... I know for the 2009 212x there is a tow point on the tower and one on the back swim deck. Anyone explain to me how to securely hook to these? Picture or video welcome.

This is one thing I didn't see in the manual and I haven't found a great description for 2009 212X online.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You can use a larks head knot (not really a knot).

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmmm...we have just been throwing the loop over the tow point on the tower for tubing, wakeboarding and surfing and have not had an issue. When surfing we run the rope through the outer portion of the tower before attaching so we pull from off center. This helps to keep new boarders away from the jet blast and in the wave.

scottrus71

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When surfing we run the rope through the outer portion of the tower before attaching so we pull from off center. This helps to keep new boarders away from the jet blast and in the wave.
I like that tip! Thank you!

What about the back tow point? If I recall right (I pick up the boat on Friday), it is only about a fingers width in size? Just rope though it and then a couple half hitches? Or something else?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Only time we ever use it is when slalom-ing. The kids use a thin non stretching rope so I think they put a double loop on that one. Just not sure about that.