• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2009 212x tower options

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So I have the stock wake tower and it appears the racks are removable. Is there anything I can replace them with? I'd like to have something that looks seamless rather than the tube/rail mount racks. The stock ones don't quite fit my coaster and leaving little marks from the stock rubber. They're also super old so imagine the rubber in there is just worn out and crumbling. I've searched all over the net, but maybe I just don't know what I"m looking for. Are there other models that could fit my stock wake tower? Pics for reference of what I'm talking about. Anyone had/have an older 212x and change out those racks? Did some searching and didn't come up with much. Further point of clarification is trying to find a rack that fits my board better rather than jamming it in there.

10631110631220190728_183029.jpg20190811_164027.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Would parts 28, and 22 work? Then get something like this and take the forks/tines off?

View attachment 106349
WOW! It may be easier than I thought. Not sure why I didn't just look at my parts fiche. I can take my forks/tines off and possibly just replace those. No idea the measurement between the screw holes, BUT my hope is they're somewhat standard.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is what I did. Many years ago I found several options available for the correct hole centers so it may be a standard. Just do your due diligence.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is what I did. Many years ago I found several options available for the correct hole centers so it may be a standard. Just do your due diligence.
Yeah. I'm going to go grab my boat out of storage hopefully this weekend and pull those off and measure the tine screw holes. They all look to be similar based on pics, but that's hard to tell. Once I measure mine I'll start contacting some of the sellers and see if they can find out the measurement.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1-3/4 inches using a tape measure. I can get more accurate if you have a need.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1-3/4 inches using a tape measure. I can get more accurate if you have a need.
Awesome! I reached out to a seller and he said he didn't know the distance and didn't want to open one of the boxes. UGH! Instead he gave me a 5% off coupon and free shipping. May just bite the bullet. Worst case it'll mount to the tube on my tower.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check my posts, I detailed doing the same thing.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Check my posts, I detailed doing the same thing.
Yeah I stumbled onto your posts on the old forum a few months back and gave me the idea. The sellers I contacted either didn't know the measurements or weren't interested in opening the box as they wanted to keep it sealed. So I rolled the dice and purchased one. Guess we'll see. Worst case scenario it's either back to the drawing board, I find a way to make it work, OR mount it on the tower rail.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So I received my rack mount and lo and behold it FITS the stock holes!!!!!! Super pumped about that. The screws that came with it are fine pitch thread( M6x1.00), and the stock screws are coarse 1/4x20. I have a 1/4x20 pitch tap and thought I should just run that through and be done, however I wanted the strongest bolt strength possible(fine pitch is actually stronger than coarse). So I ran to Ace hardware, which for me has the most obscure screws and what not. The stock ones that came with them sort of stuck out and I wanted the tapered screws so they'd fit flush. Go figure they had the right screws! It was just meant to be. Now my coaster is skinnier than most boards and it really was JUST a hair too big to fit in my rack. I squeezed it in there, but it gave my board a tiny little dimple. Brand new board, not exactly cheap, better treat it like it should be. The new rack is just a SMIDGE too big, so I'll need to get some new foam noodle and use that. Either way I'm super stoked.

Then I took the cable off which was secured with these metal clamp like things. Undid those, wrapped them underneath the mount, clamped them together, and covered in electrical tape to keep from rubbing. Then squished them underneath the mount. Can use the 212x logo as a holder for it. Works out pretty good. Now can't wait until next season to give it a go!

I'll keep the other side the wake rack in case I get a wake board....well not in case, I will at some point. Or I may swap that one out for a multi like the link I posted at the beginning.

Went with these, but got them off ebay for almost $30 cheaper shipped. Which was about what I was willing to risk if it didn't fit.
Amazon.com: Krypt Towers Wakesurf Rack for Tower, Surfboard Rack for Boat, Holds 2 x Wakesurf Boards, Black Aluminum Wakeboard Rack, Fits Clamp Tubing Sizes-1 3/4", 1 7/8", 2", 2 1/4", 2 3/8", 2 1/2": Sports & Outdoors

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You should be able to drill through holes in the inside mounting plate and then install the original rack fingers for even more board storage.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You should be able to drill through holes in the inside mounting plate and then install the original rack fingers for even more board storage.
Yeah, I could, but in reality right now I don't need that many holders. Sure as hell hope I don't in the near future either. HAH! I'd much rather purchase fingers with multi board options than drilling holes. Not a fan of that.