• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2009 AR210 Bimini Top Options

NetAdmin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just purchased a 2009 AR210. Loving it so far but the Bimini top is destroyed, ie. parts missing and broken from pole connections and the canvas is torn. I'm wondering what options there are in the aftermarket for a full setup. It does has the tower and speakers that hang. Does anyone know of a company that makes an entire setup that works well and is comparable to the OEM in style or better?

NetAdmin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been looking at the Boat Covers Direct top which looks like a quality product, but would like to hear from someone who has purchased one if possible.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

NetAdmin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Generally there are two options. Go back with OEM, or get a custom one made at boat/canvas shop. Semi custom is rarely very good and if it's cheap it's too good to be true. Everything OEM for $660 bucks is a good deal. 2009 Yamaha AR210 (FRT1100AH) Bimini Top Carpet | Yamaha Sports Plaza Custom would be $1,000 min I would think.
Thanks for the info. I was checking out the OEM after work, and it looks like I could replace some of the plastic components and the canvas. I need to check the diagram and verify but hopefully I can go that route.

NetAdmin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just about to pull to pull the trigger on the full OEM bimini kit last night for $660 and then the shipping page came up. $250! Currently stewing on it.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just about to pull to pull the trigger on the full OEM bimini kit last night for $660 and then the shipping page came up. $250! Currently stewing on it.
Call them.

NetAdmin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

csmacken

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Check out the Big Air collapsible Bimini. I put one on my 212x. It’s fairly solid and you can choose your attachment points on the tower. I had to start from scratch as the guy I bought the boat from lost the OEM Bimini. I think I paid $650 otd with a promotion they were doing.

NetAdmin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have speakers on your tower with that Big Air top?

csmacken

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't have speakers, but there is a hinge that you can get with there Bimini that allows for clearance of speakers or light bars. I suggest going to the website and watching the install video for that Bimini. It'll clear up most questions you may have. They also have good customer service if you have any questions. its very similar to the one you stated earlier that you were looking at. I went through this very same process in May. Back then the lead time for all of them were 3-4 weeks due to parts availability issues. Hope its better now.

Last edited: