• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2009 AR230 mooring cover

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been looking for a new cover for my ‘09 AR230, Sportsplaza is where I got my last one, they don’t show them on their site any longer. I ordered one from eBay, it was supposed to be delivered tomorrow but I just got an email saying they were out of stock now….

are there any other suggestions anyone have to find one?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think i ordered my last one from partspak a shop out of ga

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think i ordered my last one from partspak a shop out of ga
They have them for the ‘03-‘06 ar230’s but not ‘07-‘09….that’s what I’m running into, I can find the older style but not the ‘07-‘09’s.
I got my last one from Sportsplaza, but it’s the same for them.

I just ordered a cover from watercraft super store, it doesn’t look like a genuine Yamaha cover but looks like it fits like one. Just hoping it works out, we are supposed to leave for a 5 hour trip on Saturday and my cover has a 4ft rip up the back left side🤦‍♂️

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Not sure if this is the right one for your boat but I ordered this one for my 08 AR230, high quality and fits great.

**EDIT**
Oh man, I didn’t see the “preorder” for that cover until now, bought mine back in February. I hope you can find a place that has one! Let us know if you do!

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just checked my records and I did buy from partspak in Oct 2018 for $630. I was happy as it was the "new" style with better clips and heavier fabric. It has held up very well, much better than the older style,

I wouldn't expect your cover to hold, as soon as mine started ripping, it didn't survive 10 miles at highway speeds,

It might be a good time to try to find a upholstery shop to make a cover for you, it may be expensive but hopefully you'll get good quality to last at least 5 years,

I'm in the shipping business and boats/containers from Asia have been and will be for months (if not years) crazy, I'm sure many parts will be hard to get for a while, (Home depot just chartered an entire ship because container space is so limited)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Not sure if this is the right one for your boat but I ordered this one for my 08 AR230, high quality and fits great.

**EDIT**
Oh man, I didn’t see the “preorder” for that cover until now, bought mine back in February. I hope you can find a place that has one! Let us know if you do!
They must have just gotten a shipment in, I just now ordered one and she said they had 20 in stock! These are getting hard to find!
I had ordered a non-Yamaha one, the store called me this morning and said they didn’t have the material available in gray, I asked if the cover is meant to be trailered or if it is only a “storage” cover. She said Yamaha has a patent on the cover vents that makes theirs rated to be trailerable. So I canceled that order and looked back through my list, Leadersrpm had them👍
Thanks for the link!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what type of shipping did they offer ??

I'm thinking of purchasing another cover but want to make sure they're shipping the "new" style,

Can you please confirm when you receive it,
the material will feel thicker, the plastic snaps will be much more sturdy and the pouch to hold the ratchets will be a different material,

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What does the “new style” entail? The Yamaha one I bought in early 2018 or 2019 is a pile of shit and I will never buy another one. It’s been disintegrating since it was like 6 months old and is now ripping. As soon as I opened it I knew it wouldn’t last with this garbage thin material. Even the stupid ratchet straps rusted almost immediately in their neoprene zippered cover because it is designed poorly and holds water despite having holes.

The custom prices I have gotten are outrageous so that’s out ($3500). I’ve been thinking about getting a semi custom Carver cover which may not be trailerable but I don’t trailer far enough to care about that.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what type of shipping did they offer ??

I'm thinking of purchasing another cover but want to make sure they're shipping the "new" style,

Can you please confirm when you receive it,
the material will feel thicker, the plastic snaps will be much more sturdy and the pouch to hold the ratchets will be a different material,

What plastic snaps are you referring to?? The link I provided is a pretty thick material, so far this summer with morning sun and afternoon shade it still looks new. I did spray some waterproofing on the seams just because I noticed a little water a couple times after absolute downpours. This cover has Velcro around the poles and the ratchet strap in the back is covered by a zipper pocket.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine did not last the winter so I purchased another. This is my 4th one and the most expensive maintenance item for this boat

I am thinking of using the old one as a pattern only because they are so difficult to get and making my own or having one done by an upholstery shop.

looks like the last about 5 seasons
Last year I noticed tears around stress points (cleats and Velcro flaps). My experience -They seem to go all at once!

Only $100 difference after 6 years

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sometime around 2017/2018 they changed to a new mfg for the covers, I bought my "new style" in 2018 and it's still seems strong (previous covers only lasted 3 years and the last year was really showing wear),

The plastic snaps are different and I think the protective cover for the ratchet is different,

we had a thread about it but I can't find it at the moment,

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
sometime around 2017/2018 they changed to a new mfg for the covers, I bought my "new style" in 2018 and it's still seems strong (previous covers only lasted 3 years and the last year was really showing wear),

The plastic snaps are different and I think the protective cover for the ratchet is different,

we had a thread about it but I can't find it at the moment,
I’ve only seen slight changes when comparing the one from 2017 or so to 2022. It’s slightly better in terms of ratchets and that zippered pouch but I just uncovered my boat for the year and saw a bunch of gray dust flying everywhere, so this one isn’t gonna last either. Not looking forward to replacing it again, especially in the next year I expect this one to last.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
This is my 4th one and the most expensive maintenance item for this boat
This is an interesting statement, it’s the most expensive maintenance item for me as well, by far.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also have spent more on covers than all other maintenance combined ( and I'll take that as part of the tradeoff )
my boat spends 365 days outside in the Texas weather,

I was on my phone and didn't realize how old this thread was and that I had already commented on it,

I ended up buying another cover in Sep of 2022 even though I still don't need it figuring with the supply shortages and the Putin inflation happening it would be better to sit in my closet until needed vs. somebodies warehouse and either increasing in price or not being available,

both of my new style covers have come from partspak

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I considered buying two last year, thinking next time I need one it won't be available. If it is, it'll probably be twice as expensive if I can even find it at all. I'm really not looking forward to replacing it, I may have to go custom and that's gonna be more than a trailer.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I were in Buffalo NY, I’d get the boat wrapped in the winter and save my mooring cover for the summer.

If I were in TX or FL, I’d prefer a carport/cover, and if I couldn’t do that I’d either put a tarp over the good cover or keep a cheap cover on it and save the good one for trips.

Here in MD, the good cover is for the summer and I put a cheap one on in the winter.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scottintexas Hey regarding the post an oldie but a goodie kinda like this model year Yamaha.

I think the 2007-2009 hit a sweet spot regarding durability and low maintenance costs and I plan to keep her in good shape for at least 3 more covers!

The strap ratchet holder was a hard/soft case with drain holes which was different than the others I had before.

I looked at a black cover on a new Yamaha that pulled in the gas station when I was filling up and it did not seem any thicker than the one that I got Thursday ( free 2 day shipping). In fact it seemed thinner. It is supposed to be a new improved material.

I think that grey flakey stuff is the waterproof coating coming off. None of my other covers had this problem so it is a quality issue that I would think the manufacturer would address.

Maybe someone has looked into this and want to contribute. I will give them a call and investigate and let everyone know

Last edited:

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Two years warranty. I think the flaking would be a warranty issue that could be argued

Attachments

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I attempted that with my last cover. I can’t remember exactly but warranty was a non-starter. I think the warranty is through Yamaha since they are the OEM.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can’t purchase directly from Commercial sewing so Why a manufacturer would declare on their web site a two year warranty for their product and not honor it??? That makes me crazy!