• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2009 Seadoo Speedster 150

Merlinthewiz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hi there! First time post here.

Hi there. I am trying to take out my supercharger from my 2009 seadoo speedster 150, 215hp jet boat for service. I have watched the video (on a jet ski), but I can’t get the 3 bolts off , they don’t appear to be 6mm or 8mm. They aren’t torx, they are regular hex bolts. I have un done the strap for the water box and the j pipes for coolant but I’m not able to push the water box back to give myself any more room. The bigger issue is I can’t seem to figure out the size of bolts. And basically have no access to them, the layout is different in the jet boat and really tough. I could feel the bottom bolts but not see them but the top bolt have virtually no room to get wrench in. Help?

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wish I could help. I have the same boat but with the non-supercharged engine. Lots of room to work on mine.

I've had various issues over the years, some of which I was able to resolve. But I also found a good, trustworthy mechanic who was able to fix the things I couldn't. Any chance you have somebody like this? I bet he/she could answer your question in a heartbeat.

Merlinthewiz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I live in southwest Montana, just moved back here , this time with a boat, and nobody will work on the supercharger. Places will work on jetskis, but not this boat. Which is frustrating because it’s the same engine as a lot of jet skis

Merlinthewiz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Update, I got it. All bolts were 8mm, and had to use SIX POINT 8mm box wrench for the top bolt. not a 12 point standard box wrench, the 6point to get torque on it.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good job. I rounded off enough bolts with 12 points over the years I try to use 6 points all the time now. Not always easy to find, but worth it.