• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2009 SX210 - Question about the scupper

wkparker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2009 SX210 and am working through the great tips & suggestions found on here. I took a look at the scupper and it seems OK (It's plastic - so already on the replacement list), but haven't removed covers to check the inside yet. I noticed that it says "Perko" on the flapper - is that what Yamaha used originally or does that sound like it's already been replaced?

Thanks

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds original. Here is a pic of the stock scupper. You can lift the flap up to check for cracking. The line seen in the photo below is a crack forming around the circumference of the tube passing through the hull. Eventually it can break off from the exterior flange and turn into a big hole in your boat.
65D86533-D1A9-488F-99E9-70789B6964E3.jpeg
Here is the stainless scupper.
11EE18AD-15AD-4D74-A0B3-A92F6152D79F.jpeg
And the inside before installing a new drain hose.
F6B6E487-0ADC-4556-BF8F-8AF88712BAE0.jpeg
I found this inside the stock drain hose which was nasty on the inside from everything washing off the deck getting clogged. I just replaced with new. I get they didn’t want it to leak but you can’t let that much sealant get inside the hose.
59B3D220-7926-48E6-948D-6E7B33C82A61.jpeg

fireslayin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like the stock one. I bought a 2009 ar210 this past spring and going to a stainless scupper was the first thing i did. I didnt want to risk it.

wkparker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the photos - very helpful. I'm definitely planning to replace it when the weather cools - it's in the boathouse now on a lift that would make getting to it very difficult.

Sounds original. Here is a pic of the stock scupper. You can lift the flap up to check for cracking. The line seen in the photo below is a crack forming around the circumference of the tube passing through the hull. Eventually it can break off from the exterior flange and turn into a big hole in your boat.

I found this inside the stock drain hose which was nasty on the inside from everything washing off the deck getting clogged. I just replaced with new. I get they didn’t want it to leak but you can’t let that much sealant get inside the hose.