• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2010-2014 24ft speaker grill removal

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do the factory speaker grills just snap off?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
do the factory speaker grills just snap off?
Did you try rotating the grills before trying to pull off? I think you rotate in clockwise direction and not very much, about 10 - 15 degrees before they will come off.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recall when replacing mine that I had to get aggressive to get them off. Sorry, but I don't recall if you must turn them or simply pry them off. I thought I had to pry them off from a slot and I might have used a paint can opener tool.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You have to turn them, just can't remember what direction.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Counterclockwise! You'll feel them "unhook". .
This with a slight inward pressure. Some of them are wedged on pretty good so don't be afraid to be a bit aggressive.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This with a slight inward pressure. Some of them are wedged on pretty good so don't be afraid to be a bit aggressive.
Thanks everyone they are not going back on the boat so even if the break no big deal

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, in that case, they *will* snap off... I did one of mine that way before I figured out the trick. And it is not going on again either, whether I want it to or not. <sigh>

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, in that case, they *will* snap off... I did one of mine that way before I figured out the trick. And it is not going on again either, whether I want it to or not. <sigh>
Nobody wants those terrible sounding speakers BACK in their boat!! Good thing it broke!