• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2010 240 series boat dash recall

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to call Yamaha last week about a problem with my boat and they informed me there was a recall relating to the dash on many of the 2010 240 series boats. I tried finding the information online to post, but I can't remember where I saw it, however, the topic did come up on the other site, so I copied the recall. Below is what I copied.

Model SXT1800G-JP Model Year 2010
Registered ** Warranty expires 04/04/2011 **
** Check bulletin for serial # range to ensure it applies to this unit
Recall # 990056 See Bulletin # B10-002R Title = DASHBOARD REINFORCE ** Modifications not done **
** Service Per Bulletin **
** Check bulletin for serial # range to ensure it applies to this unit
Svc/Bulletin # 090VB See Bulletin # B10-001 Title = GW,EH,WD FIELD UPDATES ** Modifications not done **

I had mine done in 2010. They will add rounded inset bolts to the side of the helm console. I think 2 on the port side and one on the starboard. If I recall correctly they had problems with the glue to fasten the helm not adhering properly. I believe there was one report of a helm falling off. In addition to that when I had mine repaired, they also added ground straps to the engine mounts and also installed a drain from behind the helm into the ski locker. The drain is actually under the carpet and cannot be seen and it drains on the high side of the ski locker. In order to see it from the ski locker you have to stick your head in the locker and look up. When I had mine done, I believe they called it an update and not a recall.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

@Boat Crazy, the dealer was saying something to me about the changing the drain plug. I thought he was talking about the transon drain plug. Didn't know he was talking about the area of the boat you described. Thanks for the info.

There was a recall on the O ring for the bilge drain plug in 2010. Most had the O ring shipped to their home address directly from mother Yamaha. The old ones would crack or break. I now keep spares just in case. Just a few cents at any hardware store.

While you have it at the dealership or you can check yourself. Remove your battery and crawl back in the storage area and look directly under and behind where the fuel filler hose goes into the engine compartment. You may see where a wire tie is holding up the filler hose. That wire tie may be missing and/or stretched. There is also a long bolt coming through from the engine compartment around that area. In my case and a few others, the fuel hose was actually touching/resting on that bolt enough where it would rub. Gas and battery sparks are not a good thing.:( to fix that problem install a short rubber hose that fits tight over that bolt.

While you're at it, Mother Yamaha, how about a recall on the OIL COOLERS that are cracking and popping bolt heads?

On the far right of this picture you can see where the two port side helm bolts were installed.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 67
@Boat Crazy, is that the fix for the dash that Yamaha came up with? I would assume it would have been something less conspicuous.

While you're at it, Mother Yamaha, how about a recall on the OIL COOLERS that are cracking and popping bolt heads?

@Gym, from what I've heard on the coolers from others is, if it isn't a safety related item, a recall probably won't happen.

@Boat Crazy, is that the fix for the dash that Yamaha came up with? I would assume it would have been something less conspicuous.
I am under the understanding that this is a Yamaha's suggested fix and not the dealership. Maybe others with the fix can clarify if theirs is the same.

SKit.jpg So I recently purchased a 2010 AR240 and found out about the dash recall. Mine is loose so I knew it hadn't been done. Problem is, I'm in Bham and there's not a single dealer within 100 miles. So I called Yamaha to see if they'd just mail me the kit. After speaking with a rep, they said my boat had already had the dash and helm compartment drain fix done, although it's obvious that is completely wrong. They said I'd have to bring it to a dealer to have it verified. So, I asked if there was a part # so I could just order it and do it myself...there is, and she also said it would come with instructions. It did not. I know the just of how it's installed, but i received a bag of a bunch of different washers and bolts and it's not apparent what goes where. Could someone please snap a few pics behind there dash of the dash fix install? I would really appreciate it. My dash is freaking me out. It is definitely loose...it will wiggle an inch or two if you push or pull it. Here's a pic of the kit. Thanks in advance!

@Josh Austin glad to have you on board, sorry I can't help with the helm question but since you just bought your boat make sure you check the oil cooler bolts,

Sounds like you need to contact Yamaha and ask for the instruction sheet.

Hopefully someone here has a pic to pass on.

Well I contacted Yamaha again and they were actually surprisingly helpful. They gave the instructions for the dash kit install and the helm compartment drain. I've attached the documents in case anyone else needs them.

Attachments

My dash was secured using the two bolts installed by the dealer on the port side. The kit above could have been what was used on my helm, but I'm not certain.

Back