• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2010 AR240 NMEA COMM error

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Received NMEA COMM error on both tachs today, on and off as I was killing the motors to switch riders on the tube. Had zero loss of performance throughout. Checked the owners manual and no mention of it. Anybody seen this before or know what it means?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had this same error code appear on both my guages today. Boat runs fine. Can hit acknowledge on guage and code goes away. if restarting boat may not appear immediately but does reappear. 2010 AR240. @Joshua Miller, and /or anyone else that has had this error, what was the resolve?
I am aware communication code could be anything from a loose contact, bad guage, or worse being bad ECU. I do have some questions in addition to the above one.

(1) If the boat is running fine, can you continue to operate until problem / repair is completed?

(2) Can the dealership identify location /source of code by hooking up to a computer?

(3) Any additional suggestions to check without going to dealership? Disconnected batteries to try and reset. Checked all connections behind helm for lose connectors.

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had a comm error 0183 I believe... I somehow unplugged a connection behind the dash when installing my amps. I didn’t notice any performance issues, but did bother me having that come on. Mine was a simple fix good luck!