• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2010 challenger 230 SE

digger

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hi guy's,

I'm hoping you can help me. Does anyone give me an idea how much a 2010 sea doo challenger se is worth in Canada? The twin engines have a 100hrs on them, it's a twin engine with a combined horse power of 430. Thanks for the advice.

I moved this thread to General Discussion where it will get more attention.

Ok, thanks. I appreciate it.

about 25k us money

Is that nada value or something similar? Sounds about right though. That is it is what I'd expect to pay for one.

nada, just remember 100 hours is time for a rebuild on the superchargers for sea doo

What's the estimated rebuild cost of you so it yourself as opposed to bringing it to a shop?

I have no idea what the cost comparison is but it is something they should research and take into consideration when buying a used boat.

Thanks guy's for the info. There asking $25,900 for the boat with a GPS and a few other options on the boat. They are also including a 6000lbs solar powered boat lift with it. I think I'm getting a good deal, but I wanted to make sure.

I priced out supercharger rebuild kits for my Seadoo GTX. They run about $350 per engine. I am guessing yours is similar. I would watch a YouTube video on how it is done.

With the lift that sounds like a great deal. If it has superchargers though make sure it doesn't have the ceramic washers. It shouldn't because seadoo supposedly upgraded before that year but you never know until you check and story goes if a ceramic washer fails the debris flows into the supercharger and destroys it. Cha ching $$$ You've water tested the boat right?

It's a good deal I think. I will check with the marina to see what they say about the washers. I can't test the boat right now, it's December here in Canada. They've asked for a deposit to hold the boat until the spring, not sure if I agree. I've also asked for some money off due to having the super chargers rebuilt and not needing the lift. I want the lift, but I don't need it. thanks for the help and idea's.

The lift is likely worth a few thousand. Take it and sell it if you do not like it. You will want to keep the boat on a lift if it is staying in a slip.

It's kind of my plan, I don't have a cottage, so the boat will be taken out of the water at the end of the day.

I wouldn't buy a used jet boat without test driving it first. They are like jet skis which can start and idle well on a hose and trailer but run like crap or bog and die once a load is put on the impeller. Plus what might look like a small nick on the impeller could cause cavitation on the water. Sometimes these issues are easy to ID and fix and other times it could take weeks (out of your season) and hundreds if not thousands to fix.

What is the amount of the deposit they are asking for to give you right of first refusal in the spring? When I buy or sell water toys I usually propose that the possible buyer give me $50 to $100 to cover gas and the launch fee. If they buy the vehicle the deposit goes toward the purchase price if not its goes in my pocket. This Keeps the jokers and guys just looking to get on the water away .

Back