• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2010 MFI trailer - HELP !!!!

paradox782

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bought a used 2011 242 limited S. It came with an MFI trailer. I need new brake parts, as well as, the surge brake activation safety cable. I've been calling MFI every few days for over THREE WEEKS. I have been leaving both voice messages and messages with the operator to no avail.

Does anyone know who makes the surge brakes on this trailer? or where I can get parts?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

paradox782

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you! for a starting point. After I put the little one to bed I'll start the research.

Any info is good info, and more than MFI cares to provide. I really appreciate your help.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On my 08 MFI I just used pacific trailer and upgraded to the db35 calipers the upgraded ones for better saltwater use.

JAUGA82

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello. I was in the same boat (pun intended). MFI is worthless, and when I finally got ahold of a tech, he gave me wrong information. He said our trailers had straight spindles and I knew they were tapered. I replaced all 4 hubs, bearings, calipers, pads, and brake lines. Got most of it through Pacific Trailer. But, my suggestion is to call Pacific Trailers. I spoke with one of their tech/service guys and he was extremely knowledgeable. He told me exactly what parts I needed on the spot.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dealt with this with my 2011 mfi trailer I wound up taking it to marine service center my local boating service shop they don't work on jet boats but do work on trailers. For I think it was around $500 the replaced all bearings, rotors, calipers, pads and lines only braking part that wasn't replaced was the actuator. In my case it was well worth the money as I didn't want to deal with the head ache of sourcing the parts nor the work.