• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2010 yamaha vx cruiser hep

WOOSAB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need some help from some of you experts. I'm having problems with my 2010 Yamaha vx cruiser. It wont go past 35mph and I am stumped as to why. I have changed out the plugs 2xs. I have pulled the impeller and no damage. I have changed the oil and oil filter. I have checked the air filter and it's clean. The rpms still goes to 9 or 10k don't remember off top of my head. Which leads me to believe its not the motor but something leading to the impeller. Love the motors and the light maintenance but I am stumped. Any suggestions on where I should start?

Thanks In advance guys.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first thought when reading was to check the key and make sure you are not using the learning key but if you are hitting max rpm that wouldn't be the case. Check the wear ring and make sure the impeller isn't rubbing it.

WOOSAB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
checked the wear ring and there isn't any damage or to it. Very smooth. I opened 2 others up to make sure the ones working correctly looked the same.. we have 5 of them as well as a Yamaha 232 so no expect but I tried to cover all the usually stuff before posting but after a week it has me scratching my head.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Next I would use the remote try toggling in and out of lmode to make sure it's not stuck but I don't think that's the case if the rpm's are that high. Maybe clogged injector or fuel filter I would check those. Another easy thing to check is try running the ski with the seat off if it has a small exhaust leak it could bog it down but with the seat off it wouldn't