• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2010 Yamaha vx Deluxe <won't start>

Zach19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I recently purchased a 2010 Yamaha vx deluxe. Everything worked fine when I drove it for the first time. However, after transporting it about 500 miles it will no longer start. I hear a small humming sound when I click the start button for a few seconds but nothing else. There is a green light on the dash but that is all. I tested the battery and fuses and they are all good. Any ideas on what it could be?

Does it click when you try and start it or just a humming sound? Or at least one solid clunk like it tries to turn over?

Did your waverunner come with a key fob/security system?

D99F3495-C48A-4AA8-ABC1-5CD59CA56622.png

Also is your engine kills switch lanyard connected on the handlebars?

It doesn’t click at all, it is just a humming sound for a few seconds. The engine doesn’t try to turn over at all. It did come with a security key and we have tried to unlock it but there is no beep to confirm anything. We replaced the battery in the fob with a new one and still nothing really happens. The engine kill switch lanyard is connected when we try everything

Could the battery in the ski be in need of a charge? Not sure if you can tell the voltage.

Could the battery in the ski be in need of a charge? Not sure if you can tell the voltage.
The battery shows 12.6 Volts with a voltmeter and we put it in our fx ho and it started that right up

Remove the plugs and go to the round P T O vibration dampener at the back of the engine and see if you can rotate the engine by turning that if it won't turn perhaps something is stuck in the impeller locking the pump if it does turn by hand you may have a bad ground at the engine a bad solenoid etc but you can run a jumper cable directly to the main starter wire and to the engine and see if it rotates when you jump it . as for the remote you can look it up on line and find out hoe to operate that but I doubt it is the issue .

Back