• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 242 Limited S Head Unit

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can someone give me a few options on a replacement head unit for my 2011 242 Limited S? The stock one is on its way out. Thank you!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I never used mine. Bypassed it straight to a wet sounds 420 and used that to control all zones and Bluetoothed straight to it for music. It’s an option if you don’t need an actual radio where you are at.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2011 AR 240 and installed a Fusion MS-RA70NSX.
Did the same in our 2012 242. Honestly, you can put any head unit you want in these boats, there is nothing special about them. I did have to add a backer plate, as the hole from the stocker was bigger. I also put the Fusion NMEA remote on the stern. Same display as the dash, and great control from the water without batteries.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any will work but the nrx300 is powered, replicates the head unit display and on a NMEA network. It’s worth the extra money